Opinions on Fabia VRS

Soldato
Hi all.

I currently have a Fabia 1.4 16v sport which I picked up on Saturday to replace my old A2. However the car is extremely annoying to drive (slow, vague, and seems to pull left on every single pot hole which isn't good :confused: ).

I am thinking of taking avantage of the 30 day exchange Skoda offer and paying the extra for a Fabia VRS.

However I don't want the same problem again (ie getting the car and finding out its awful).

If anyone on here actually owns this car or has driven it could you give me your opinion on the car itself. (engine, handling, comfort etc)

Due to the conditions of the 30 day exchange this is basically the only car that interests me at the garage so its either take the VRS or be stuck with the sport.

Cheers all

Man of Honour
This might seem like a radical suggestion and obviously isnt something you bothered with before spending thousands of pounds on a car you admit is rubbish, but why not take it out for a test drive?

Caporegime
Well the VRS is a fabia worth owning. I don't think the 1.4 would come close to it in terms of drivability, fun, etc etc.

Sounds like yours is a lemon though, I don't think you will come across the same problems with the VRS, but as fox said, try driving one before signing on the dotted line.

Soldato
oweneades said:
Hi all.

I currently have a Fabia 1.4 16v sport which I picked up on Saturday to replace my old A2. However the car is extremely annoying to drive (slow, vague, and seems to pull left on every single pot hole which isn't good :confused: ).

I am thinking of taking avantage of the 30 day exchange Skoda offer and paying the extra for a Fabia VRS.

However I don't want the same problem again (ie getting the car and finding out its awful).

If anyone on here actually owns this car or has driven it could you give me your opinion on the car itself. (engine, handling, comfort etc)

Due to the conditions of the 30 day exchange this is basically the only car that interests me at the garage so its either take the VRS or be stuck with the sport.

Cheers all

Definately, though what made you go for the 1.4? The fabia is a poor choice outside of the VRS guise imo.

Soldato
OP
I did drive it before buying. However the route used unforntunately didn't show up any of the problems I have since encountered. (ie no potholes)

The car doesn't seem to have any pedal feel at all if that makes sense. Its fine for cruising (like I did on the test route) but stopping and starting (like I do on the way to work) is the issue / concern.

In hindsite I should have gone straight for the VRS. I made a mistake with the sport. At least doing the 30 day exchange I don't lose any money, and I basically had a long test drive in the sport. :o

Back
Top Bottom