What TFT?

Associate
Ive up to £350 to spend on a monitor. So ive decided to take the plunge and replace my aging Cornerstone P1500 21inch CRT with a decent sized TFT. Ive heard they are much more suitable for gaming and the space aspect is awesome plus...

Could you guys recommend a good 19 or 20 inch TFT. It will primarly be used for gaming, with light internet surfing

Soldato
Andromeda1983 said:
Ive up to £350 to spend on a monitor. So ive decided to take the plunge and replace my aging Cornerstone P1500 21inch CRT with a decent sized TFT. Ive heard they are much more suitable for gaming and the space aspect is awesome plus...

Could you guys recommend a good 19 or 20 inch TFT. It will primarly be used for gaming, with light internet surfing

In what way have you been told they are better for gaming? As this isn't really the case. For out and out gaming a CRT is diffifult to beat. You are right though, the space saving aspect is huge and is why I now use TFT's over a CRT :)

Man of Honour
Andromeda1983 said:

i think it would be classed as debatable as to whether a TFT is better or worse than a CRT for gaming, but let's not get into that! :p There is a large number of very good gaming TFT's in the market nowadays and the 19" sector is certainly saturated by very fast screens. Check out this article which compares all of the best gaming screens in the 19" market. The Viewsonic VX922 and Samsung 930BF/940BF are all very popular right now.

It might be worth looking at the 20"WS market as well, there's been some interesting improvements there over the last 6 months. If you could stretch your budget to the NEC LCD20WGX2 then that would be a very good choice. A much more all round screen than the TN Film models which dominate the 19" comparison above, but it is as responsive in real use as they are anyway! A very good gaming screen, and a good choice if you wanted a bigger screen. Other than that, there are a coupld of cheaper models like the Belinea 102035W and Viewsonic VX2025WM in the 20"WS market which are very good. They aren't quite as fast as the TN Film 19" models or the NEC, but are still very good for gaming, and offer excellent all round use as well. Just depends what you want. this article might help you with the 20" models :)

Back
Top Bottom