In need of 19" LCD Gaming Moniter

Associate
Im in a spending mood ive went from the GFX cards forums to the CPU one to here :p

Now.

Im wondering what recommendations you can give me for a good 19" moniter for gaming to go with my X1900 crossfire setup.People being telling me since i got my gfx cards to get a good lcd and get up to some high resolutions :D
Im liking the looks of the Sony SDM-HS95PRB X-black 19" LCD Monitor - Black (MO-011-SO) and the Viewsonic VP930 19" LCD Monitor - Black/Silver (MO-045-VS) but not sure if they are good for gaming :/

Thanks for any suggestions (I WANT TO BUY SOMETHING) lol :p

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Vault5ChOnG said:
what kind of resolutions are we talkin about you can reach with these lcd moniters?

TFT's have fixed native resolutions of which you can't go higher. For 17" and 19" models this is 1280 x 1024. 20" models do 1600 x 1200, with the WS varient doing 1680 x 1050. 23" and 24" models do 1920 x 1200....

If you're looking for purely a gaming screen, you might be able to save a fair amounnt of money compared with models like the Viewsonic VP930. It is an excellent screen, but there are a few models out there which are faster and more aimed at gamers than general all round use. You might find this article is helpful as it compares all the best 19" gaming models :) The Viewsonic VX922 is one of the best in the market for gaming. You could also consider looking at the 20"WS market, where the NEC LCD20WGX2 is very good.

Associate
OP
Yo my monitor arrived today. One thing confusing me you get a DVI cable and a D-SUB cable. in the handbook it tells you to connect both but where? lol i know the dvi goes into my gfx card but what is the d-sub cable? Also think im knowing what ppl are talkin about with the dongle on crossfire now. im only starting to notice the weird stuff on my screen with this lcd but if i shake the dongle it works again. :/ weird as it was ok with a crt. Anywys thanks for any replys.

Back
Top Bottom