Anybody else having a hellish time with their NTL connection today?

Associate
Ah yes it's that time of the day and week again when NTL goes a bit wobbly, the NTLhell forums generally provide all the info you need when this happens along with other people to grumble with.

Soldato
As part of the ongoing project to maintain and upgrade our Broadband network, there is a requirement to carry out maintenance and upgrades on components which may result in a loss of service for the duration.

The following work will be taking place during the week commencing Monday the 29th of May.

On the morning of Friday the 2nd of June between midnight and 6 AM,

Network upgrades will result in a loss of service in Baguley and the surrounding areas.

On the Morning of Sunday 4th June between midnight and 6am,

Essential server maintenance will result in a loss of Registration services.

The following work will be taking place during the week commencing Monday the 5th of June.

On the morning of Monday the 5th of June between midnight and 6 AM,

Essential server maintenance will result in a loss of Registration services.

On the morning of Tuesday the 6th of June between midnight and 6 AM,

Network upgrades will result in a loss of service in Baguley, Grimsby, Scunthorpe, Stockton, Hemel Hempstead, Oxford, Colchester, Bishops Stortford, Stapleford, Coventry, Warwick, Andover, Reading, Lichfield and the surrounding areas.

Essential server maintenance will result in a brief loss of Registration, Broadband Medic and the ntlworld homepage services.

Network rebalancing across the country will result in a brief loss of service for all customers.

On the morning of Wednesday the 7th of June between midnight and 6 AM,

Network optimisation will result in a loss of service in the Birmingham, Baguley, Grimsby, Scunthorpe, Stockton, Hemel Hempstead, Oxford, Lewisham, Newmarket, Acton and the surrounding areas.

On the morning of Thursday the 8th of June between midnight and 6 AM,

Network upgrades will result in a loss of service in the Baguley, Grimsby, Scunthorpe, Hemel Hempstead, Oxford, Huddersfield, Poole and the surrounding areas.

We thank you for your understanding and apologise for any inconvenience these planned works may cause

http://www.ntl-isp.ntl.com/ServiceStatus/

Yeah my connection seems to be playing up a bit now, but hopefully it's for the good and they'll upgrade me to 4mb :)

Permabanned
It always happens when you MOST want to visit that site doesn't it! eBay is raping my nuts ATM. On a nicer note Cardiff got 4mb NTL today, so we should all get it soon :)

Soldato
PrettyInPink said:
Thanks for that :)

I've been having problems with Google and the BBC website for the last hour :mad:

xxx

Not just me in Leicester having problems then,

I couldnt get onto MSN (messenger) some websites, and worst of all.... NO ONLINE GAMES :mad: :(

Seems to be OKish now

Soldato
Oooohhh... so there is a problem, been wondering since i installed SP2 this afternoon, though i broke me pc :D

I'm getting issues getting to places like google and autotrader.

Using lutn-cache-6.server.ntli.net seems to be fine though :)

Soldato
Having problems browsing some websites here.

Think this might be the reason why I'm unable to play EA games via XBOX Live on my 360. Keeps telling me the EA server is unavailable.

Soldato
really weird - I can't get to ebay or google, but can get here and other places :confused:. I'm in Reading.

EDIT

From NTL status page:

NTL Broadband internet customers across the whole country may currently be experiencing problems in browsing to web sites. NTL is aware of this issue and working to identify and resolve the cause as quickly as possible. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom