Price check - 53 plate Audi A4 1.9TD Sport

Soldato
Been offered first refusal for the above car. Black colour, cloth interior, usual mod cons for an Audi, done 61K but will be closer to 65K when its ready for sale. Its a company car for a rep that comes to see us regularly. He's a sound chap and not one of these foot down repmoble monsters (in mid 50s I would say).

Its in good condition with one thumb dent that can be removed and some scratches to the rear lower bumper. One of the rear speaker covers is damaged but nothing that can't be replaced. Need to check service but I assume its Audi although its through a contractor. It will need a service and the front discs need changing IMO.

Price is offered via contractors and not set by him.

Anyone like to hazard a guess at the price? No alternatives offered please :)

Man of Honour
I'd want to pay about £10000ish for that car - any more and it isn't a super-bargain and you'd be better looking elsewhere - but at £10k, its a good buy indeed.

Soldato
OP
Another quick one - am I right that there are 3 engine BHP versions?

100, 130, 163? Never heard of 163 before (from Autotrader).

Not sure what BHP the one in question is.

And another:

Does this car have proper 4WD or that VAG FWD mainly but 4WD if it loses traction affair?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
The three power outputs for the 1.9TDI are are 100bhp, 115bhp and 130bhp. Above that you have the 2.5TDI which was available initially in 150bhp and later 163bhp.

No idea how you'd tell them apart.

Soldato
EddScott said:
Another quick one - am I right that there are 3 engine BHP versions?

100, 130, 163? Never heard of 163 before (from Autotrader).

Not sure what BHP the one in question is.

And another:

Does this car have proper 4WD or that VAG FWD mainly but 4WD if it loses traction affair?

163bhp is the 2.5TDI.

I think the haldex system only featured in the A3, but it's proper quattro in the A4. Incidentally, I believe the 2.5 TDI Quattro Sport was 180bhp.

I don't think they did a 53 Sport with less than 130bhp

Man of Honour
EddScott said:

It's probably just a regular FWD one - but if it is a Quattro then yes its proper 4wd.

Just checked and it wont be a 115bhp at 53 plate, either a 100 or a 130.

Soldato
OP
Cool.

Well it is quattro so 4WD proper. I know I'm being awkward but what is ESP? Is it like traction control? If so why bother on a 4WD car that hasn't the power to spin its wheels?

Oh and before anyone asks, its not for me, its for my mother. I talked her out of buying a brand new sportback to save some cash and this one might be offered up at a bargain with any luck.

Soldato
The Quattro moniker is applied to the haldex based system as well as the more conventional system. Both my 225 TT and my brother A3 1.8T were both sold as quattros and featured a haldex ecu controlled drive distribution system.

Man of Honour
pinkaardvark said:
The Quattro moniker is applied to the haldex based system as well as the more conventional system. Both my 225 TT and my brother A3 1.8T were both sold as quattros and featured a haldex ecu controlled drive distribution system.

Yes but IIRC the A3 platform cars (and thus inc TT) are the only ones to use Haldex - the A4 and above are traditional 4wd.

Soldato
Oakesy2001uk said:
did audi never use the 150/160 1.9 TDI (which are probably the same) thad volswagon and seat use/used?

Not to my knowledge.

They went straight to the 2.5TDI (In 3 different tune forms) from the 1.9TDI 130.

Soldato
EddScott said:
Cool.

Well it is quattro so 4WD proper. I know I'm being awkward but what is ESP? Is it like traction control? If so why bother on a 4WD car that hasn't the power to spin its wheels?

Oh and before anyone asks, its not for me, its for my mother. I talked her out of buying a brand new sportback to save some cash and this one might be offered up at a bargain with any luck.

If it's a quattro then you'll have to REVO it, to er, make up for the increased drivetrain power loss. ;)

Do warranty direct cover modified cars?

Soldato
OP
Kingy said:
If it's a quattro then you'll have to REVO it, to er, make up for the increased drivetrain power loss. ;)

Do warranty direct cover modified cars?

Funnily enough, shes already asked me to price up RS4/6/8 alloys (not sure which to go for 18 or 19) from Fleebay and shes heard of mapping since I had my Impreza and asked if it would make a difference to hers - I said it'd probably have more torque than mine with a good map and setup.

I talked her out of body mods.

Not bad for 62 years young :)

Associate
EddScott said:
Funnily enough, shes already asked me to price up RS4/6/8 alloys (not sure which to go for 18 or 19) from Fleebay and shes heard of mapping since I had my Impreza and asked if it would make a difference to hers - I said it'd probably have more torque than mine with a good map and setup.

I talked her out of body mods.

Not bad for 62 years young :)

I bought a A4TDI 130 (02 Plate) on ebay last year for 10250. Come fully loaded with Leather, Sat Nav, Bose sounds, Interior Light pack, electric fold in mirrors, wood etc. Superb car on 62K with Full Audi history. I had it remapped to 165 brake by SP Tuning (ebay), and bought a RS4 I8" wheel/tyre package for it (again from ebay!!!)

Build quality is sublime, and it's a 50mpg joy to drive!

Associate
Pic taken this evening - gives you an idea of what 18's would look like. :)

It improves the handling and looks no end with the RS4 alloys.

153580491.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom