Bought an ADSL Faceplate thing...

Soldato
Hi folks, bought a ADSL Faceplate, and fitted it over the weekend, my downstream SNR is always above 8.5DB now, in fact, its 8.8 at the moment.
It used to always be around 6 in the daytime!

Im on ADSL max.

Anyone else use one? And will it make much difference being at 8db instead of 6db?

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Yes the NTE5 filtered splitter faceplate is substantially better than using a regular microfilter :)

Try cutting the wire in terminal 3 (orange) and see what happens ;)

...you should see an improvement

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
What are your finding's compared with no filter at all, and a standard good quality (new) BT socket?

Caporegime
wesley said:
where did you get it from?

Remember the competitor rules.

2dB difference isn't that significant, but you should've seen a (slight) increase in sync rate rather than the increase in SNR margin, unless you're already at 8Mbps.

Soldato
OP
Type Fast Status No Defect
Downstream Upstream
Data rate 8128 448

Noise margin 8.6 24.0

Output power 19.8 12.1

Attenuation 23.0 12.0

You can only buy them from 2 places.

I was at 8mb before hand so the sync has not changed.

Its better than normal filters, as this way you can take all the filters out from around the house, they are no longer needed.

If I cut the orange wire what difference will happen? As my SKY+ phone socket is plugged into that as well, its not just a ADSL connection, as its the master socket as well.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

The orange wire is basically a ring wire used for old bell telephones, it will not effect the Sky+ (I know I have Sky+ on mine :))

I saw another 3dB when I cut it

Back
Top Bottom