My garden thread :)

Soldato
Well, unknown to you all i've been renovating my garden from a dog-destroyed poo heap of dead grass etc (imagine 2 german shepherds in a small - medium garden ;)

Well, the only (before)pic i have only tells half the story....

Img_0019sm.jpg

that (minus dogs) is pretty much how it looked with a scrap heap of old bath, rubble etc in the far left corner, i've spent weeks renovating though and finally have something presentable, but still unfinished...
Now, i don't know the usual cost of renovating a garden but i know it's hard labour and costs so far are as followed....

Decking materials = around £500
lighting = £100
pond = £60
Turf = £75
plants = about £300 - £400 so far
miscellaneous items roughly £200

i've not thoroughly photographed it yet because i cant walk on the turf yet and the sprinkler was on as you can see, but will get round to it and update, but....... here's an overview so far...........

garden%201.JPG

garden%202.jpg

garden%203.jpg

Needless to say i'm pretty chuffed so far

Soldato
my dad is doing our garden up and im helping him, got £700 of indian slabbing imported today and been lifting (heavy!) all day, we also got some decking and LED lighting in the decking which has a cool effect. then just need to level the garden and stick the BBQ back, will takes couples weeks but will post pics too!

good luck with that project, looking good so far

ps we got those round slabs with the fox on too! in the front garden!

Soldato
Looking much better there. Good work and hopefully you'll have a great summer in it :)

The maximum we do to our garden is cut the grass now and then :p.. too big for us to manage. Which sounds stupid, but it is :/ :rolleyes:

We have one project on the go:

The bare earth is because we had to dig through that hill to make a path for the lorry to get through :p

Turning it into a relaxing room for me and my brother with a tv, amp, pool table and a fridge.

Should be fun.

It's an old guards carriage -bogeys(the railway museum place we got it from, we know a person who does restorations, was going to scrap the body as they only needed the undercarriage. Got it for a £100 donation ^_^ )
Taking ages as we need to needle gun the metal frame and replace the wood.. :/ then refloor it.
Pretty spacious inside.

EDIT: Woah that lounger type thing you have looks comfy!!

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Looking well, nice job :)
One problem though, you really should get a REAL barbecue, i.e. half a barrel which you can fill with petrol and wood and fire. Gas barbecues just aren't the same ;)

Soldato
Scuzi said:
Looking well, nice job :)
One problem though, you really should get a REAL barbecue, i.e. half a barrel which you can fill with petrol and wood and fire. Gas barbecues just aren't the same ;)

definately.. you don't get the same flavour as you do with coal.. nothing can beat a coal barbeyed steak..

Associate
looking great so far, i'm in need of doing out garden, have started the grass seed for the areas that were flower boarders, and the new grass is looking really really good!

I want to do decking as well, how much did you get for your £500 - as in whats the area size you have decked out - i haven't researched it just yet but would give me a rough idea

Soldato
Adam_151 said:
I hope you notified that new lamp post to the building control office ;)

Yeah, and what about the electrics to the pond- I hope it's on its own circuit and RCD protected, not to mention watertight :p

Nice job though, lookin' good :cool:

Soldato
Looking very good, I just hope your dogs don't leave you too many surprises ;)

German Shepherds are awesome, I only have the one now had to get one put down last year due to illness. How old are they by the way?

Soldato
OP
i'll post decking dimensions tomorrow but its triangular as you can see, fits a table and 4 chairs that you dont see, the sun lounger you can see a bit of and theres a water feature and plants in the corner and still lots of room.
I've also fitted a waterproof socket there.

off top of my head it's abot 2.5x4x5 metres

Back
Top Bottom