Best way to sell used camera lens?

Associate
Not sure of the 'legality' of asking this, but I've read the FAQs and I think I'm ok...

Anyway, I have a 20D and upgraded to a 24-105mm F4L lens over Xmas, which really is fantastic to use. As such I'm not getting as much use out of my 70-200mm F4L lens as I used to when I had my 18-55mm kit lens, plus when I do use it I'm finding it a little short of 'reach'. So I'm going to buy a 100-400mm F4.5-5.6L lens and sell the 70-200mm.

Now I no longer have access to the MM here, and given how I only ever like writing thoughtful posts (as opposed to the "me too" variety) it's going to take me forever to get to the 250 mark. So my question is what would you guys recommend as the best way for me to sell my lens? It's in immaculate condition, and has a Hoya SuperHMC Pro UV filter on it too, so I imagine someone somewhere wants it. Is eBay the best bet - have to admit I've never sold anything on there.

dod

dod

Soldato
funnily enough I was just trying to sell my 100-400 not that long ago. Got a couple of daft offers through the MM here and POTN so didn't bother to push it. eBay is probably the best place to sell for a reasonable price.

Deleted member 11679

D

Deleted member 11679

I bought a 70-200 off Ebay and I presume the guy who sold it to me lost about £100 in 9 months according to the receipt that was included with the original purchase.

Original purchase cost was £480 for him and I still have the lens with I think 1 more months warranty on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom