webcam for ibook

Associate
could someone name one? no more than £30, i was originally going to get an eye toy but i've been told it will not work with an ibook?

lemme just explain the situation. seeing my gf lately has been a mission, and phone calls are getting expensive, and i just hate messengers... so i thought why not get us a pair of webcams and talk like that. problem is she's got an ibook and i have a pc, so its making things tricky and i don't know what will or will not work.
ideas on what webcams to use? i have ordered myself an eye toy as i was told they were decent for their cost. but what program to use? what webcam to get her?

Soldato
The iSight is good and can be bought second hand for a reasonable amount however mac chat software isnt easy to come by, there is aMSN which will let you webcam with msn but there isnt much else, iChat is available for mac, but I dont think it does iChat to PC webcaming, theres also yahoo which does webcam, so your choices are there, not sure of any others.

Associate
OP
yeah but even at a decent price isight is far too expensive. i was thinking maybe that icam thing... i cant remember what its called actually.. it looks pretty spastic and is fairly small.

Associate
OP
yeah thats the one i was on about. so its decent quality?

if anyone else has any suggestions let me know, im looking at any possibilities (that are not pricey)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom