307 Hatch

Soldato
Apparently this is my new company motor replacement - HDI variety...

Anyone got/driven one? :)

Just want to make sure im not getting a POS ;)

Soldato
I learnt in a HDi one. It had enough power to go about all fine and accelerate well. Though I had the 136bhp version of it. I noticed it doesnt handle as well as my Focus though.

Soldato
Reliability aside though, it's still poor, in my opinion at least.

The ride, I found to be quite harsh and it didn't soak bumps up in the way you would expect it to. That could have been down to the 17" Alloys though, with 15" or 16" the ride might be a little better though.

Handling wise, grips alright but no feel to it, and it's very roly poly. I had the half leather "Sports Seats" in mine, and they held you in well enough that you didn't fall out of the seat.

I also found it really noisey when over 70mph, and even at 70 it's noticabely noiser than a Focus for example. The newer 16v HDi engines might be better though, in that respect.

Soldato
OP
Scottland said:
Reliability aside though, it's still poor, in my opinion at least.

The ride, I found to be quite harsh and it didn't soak bumps up in the way you would expect it to. That could have been down to the 17" Alloys though, with 15" or 16" the ride might be a little better though.

Handling wise, grips alright but no feel to it, and it's very roly poly. I had the half leather "Sports Seats" in mine, and they held you in well enough that you didn't fall out of the seat.

I also found it really noisey when over 70mph, and even at 70 it's noticabely noiser than a Focus for example. The newer 16v HDi engines might be better though, in that respect.

I dread to think what it'll be like cruising at a ton+ then ;)

Soldato
Teledude said:
Apparently this is my new company motor replacement - HDI variety...

Anyone got/driven one? :)

Just want to make sure im not getting a POS ;)

I don't have the HDI - Petrol engine for me.
Personally I love mine to bits - plenty of acceleration when I need it, lovely smooth ride, plenty of power, nice looks, has been 100% reliable.
It's my own personal purchased car (bought it as new on a 54 - decided on it over the Focus & Megane after seeing/driving all 3).

However that is just my own opinion - other owners will probably have a different story (for every happy owner you find for any make/model of car you'll find a vocal selection of unhappy owners).

Soldato
Having test drove a 1.4 16V (90) LX model a while back my personal opinion on them is that they are nice to sit in but pigs to drive.

The clutch on this particular example was ridiculously high. (being that your possible new car is a HDI it may be different).

Best advice I could give is go to your local (if possible) pug garage and test drive one.

Soldato
Strange because my mate bought one....about 2 years ago now. 2 litre HDI, red, 52 plate, 10k miles or something like that, for £10k

Hes never had a problem with it apart from one dodgy indicator stalk which the garage fixed. Its been perfectly reliable, cruised back from blackpool one evening at over a ton and it wasnt noisy and was very comfy.

Ive only ever read bad about the 307, but my mates has been good to him so far :)

Soldato
It's a big boring new car. :p
My problem with it is this - It feels huge, like a bus. The 306 felt good - small and nimble and handled very very well in GTi-6 form.
And yeah, Ive heard its unreliable.

Soldato
Three people at work have bought brand new 307s in the last 2 years.

1 chap sold it after 1 year as it broke down on average one every 6 weeks (would go into limp home mode so no turbo and 2000rpm limit IIRC).

1 chap ordered a HDi and his car arrived with a 1.6 petrol :rolleyes: Got it changed and is now thinking of selling as it's a POS.

1 chap has had no trouble and loves the car.

Soldato
saitrix said:
I learnt in a HDi one. It had enough power to go about all fine and accelerate well. Though I had the 136bhp version of it. I noticed it doesnt handle as well as my Focus though.

And you know the HDI learners car handles worse.... how exactly? ;)

Soldato
Del Lardo said:
Three people at work have bought brand new 307s in the last 2 years.

1 chap sold it after 1 year as it broke down on average one every 6 weeks (would go into limp home mode so no turbo and 2000rpm limit IIRC).

1 chap ordered a HDi and his car arrived with a 1.6 petrol :rolleyes: Got it changed and is now thinking of selling as it's a POS.

1 chap has had no trouble and loves the car.

In the 12months I had mine, the HG went twice (although technically the 2nd time was the garages fault). I had some sort of exhaust problem leaving it in limp home mode, parts of the underside fell off, drivers side e/w button broke (I fixed it myself though), door cards were falling off (fixed myself), CD Multi changer broke.

I ended up selling it with the cd player broke (declared in advert), as I cba fixing it anymore :(

Soldato
-Mike- said:
And you know the HDI learners car handles worse.... how exactly? ;)

When doing my pass plus going along the country roads. :) Instructor was fairly laid back about that sort of thing, of course I didn't push it anywhere near as hard as my Focus but from what I did do I could feel the difference.

Back
Top Bottom