ABIT NF7-S floppy connection problem

Associate
I'm having trouble connecting my floppy drive to my Abit NF7-S mobo. I was in town looking at PC install books and read that the twisted end goes to the floppy and the non twisted end goes to the mobo (red stripes on pin 1)

But its not possible to connect my mobo and floppy this way!!!

Here is my problem - the end with a twist in is meant to go to the floppy, this I can do. But the other end which is meant to go to the mobo port has a pin blocked off but my mobo doesn't have a missing pin so it doesn't fit. I can only fit the cable with the twist at the mob end (which is the wrong way around).

So basically my floppy cable fits back to front and doesn't work.

What am I doing wrong? Are Abit mobo FDC ports backwards compared to other mobos??

Thanks in advance

Associate
OP
Thanks for the reply. I'm using the cable that came with the board.

Does this mean that my cable is non standard??

I'll take your advice and try with a new cable. Thanks for your advice. This has had me thinking it was a 'square peg round hole' problem.

Associate
I have seen some floppy cables not fit with this board before, although I wouldn't expect that with a supplied cable. Have you got any more floppy cables to try. You are right about the twisted end going into the floppy drive though.

Associate
OP
It was two problems, firstly yes the cable supplied with the board was wrong (it has a blocked off pin) I had it working in my last case by turning it around and trying it until it worked.

Tried turning it around and it again it didn't work. So I did buy a new one (fancy round one no less!), that however was not the drive problem.

I identified the problem when I realised drive only didn't work when it was in my new case (lian li pc 7b). I has bought a alu cover plate for the dvd and floppy. I had fitted the dvd rom flush so the button would work and did the same with the floppy except for the floppy whe u put a disk in the eject button sticks out - it couldn't do this as the floppy plate was too close and so was trying the eject the disk!

I adjusted it and all is fine now, looking in the wrong area. Thanks for the help guys!!

Back
Top Bottom