selling photos gallery, popphoto installation

Associate
hi all,

i've been looking at setting up a web gallery for a friend and came across this popphoto. Now, the interesting thing is it's free to download from here

popphoto

just click on "latest version".

I'm pretty sure it's the full version.

worth having a dabble with .. it has paypal shopping cart too.

it is discontinued coz they got a new software package, with a nice big price tag.

Associate
I'm looking for something similar. I really want something that integrates straight into photobox. They do a print button but its real expensive...there was also a service for jalbum but all commision goes to jalbum and not me :( anyone have any other ideas?

Man of Honour
I ended up hacking Coppermine for my site. It was a bit of a pain to do and probably there are better solutions out there but it let me keep the look and feel that I had.

The process is still a bit manually intensive as I have to deal with emails from Paypal and order prints myself but it didn't cost me anything to set up.

Associate
I guess the best system is one that doesnt require you to do anything...the paypal system would require me to crop images manually, send off to be developed then send on to the customer etc...the best system has to be integrated directly to an online developer?

Associate
also just wondering how many shots you guys have sold through your system?...does paypal attract/put people off?

Associate
Hmm here is an alternative, I havent tried it, just an idea, but maybe if you list all your photos on ebay and link from your own gallery? Have just a 'Buy Now' option rather than auction and at least you can also get sales through ebay itself.

Man of Honour
morgan said:
I guess the best system is one that doesnt require you to do anything...the paypal system would require me to crop images manually, send off to be developed then send on to the customer etc...the best system has to be integrated directly to an online developer?

I use photobox for my printing so once I've got the image up there all I have to do is place the relevant order with photobox. They'll send to an alternative address - and more importantly don't put the price on the packing slip!. It's all paid for through paypal so the cash flow side of things is sorted as well.

Deleted member 11679

D

Deleted member 11679

rpstewart said:
I use photobox for my printing so once I've got the image up there all I have to do is place the relevant order with photobox. They'll send to an alternative address - and more importantly don't put the price on the packing slip!. It's all paid for through paypal so the cash flow side of things is sorted as well.

Same here.

Associate
I tried that some time ago and it didnt quite work, the paypal process insisted on the customer getting a paypal account. Maybe I wasnt doing something properly or maybe paypal has fixed whatever was wrong.

Definitely interested in giving it another go if thats the case!

Edit: oh yeah, just remembered the nail in the coffin, Gibraltar is ignored in all this process by both paypal and ebay. Even though with some know how and a UK banking account you can manage to use them, you can never get verified and any buyers from Gibraltar would have a lot of trouble buying from me even if they just want to pay with credit card.

I feel like I live on the moon sometimes. We go out every national day covered in union jacks and gibraltar flags, 99.9% vote to remain british territory in a referendum, but we cant use ebay or paypal properly. *sigh*

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom