Euro Car Parks Fine

Permabanned
Someone in work received one of these because they parked in Morrisons car park over the two hours allowed. I was told if you don't pay it they can pursue you through the civil courts, surely that's too much hassle for them?

Caporegime
noob said:
Someone in work received one of these because they parked in Morrisons car park over the two hours allowed. I was told if you don't pay it they can pursue you through the civil courts, surely that's too much hassle for them?
It is of no hassle to them. They contract out bayliff's to do the legwork for them, and you will find that the monies recovered through the courts will reflect this.

Quite often a good 400% of the costs recovered by the baliffs will just be late payment fees and to pay off the "services" used to levy the money.

It is not worth the hassle to ignore the fine IMO.

Soldato
Yeah its basically as paradigm says. If they didn't chase people then nobody would pay. Any costs incurred in chasing the money down will be added to the original fine so tell your work mate its best just to pay up.

Soldato
Was the person who got the fine actually shopping at the morrisons or not? if yes then id goto the store and kick up a fuss ( reciept in hand ) and see what happens. If he was just using it as a free carpark then just pay up and learn not to do it again.

Soldato
i thought spot fines were unenforcable and only the council can find out your details from the reg plate.

Associate
I've been given a Euro Car Parking fine and what really aggrivated me was that I have a permitt to park there and they still gave me the ticket - when it was displayed!

It was the Easter Weekend of this year, and it turned out because it was a bank holiday and it was going to get busy, they had decided that employee's who work on the saturday can't park their cars in the usual place (I don't work for the sainsburys, but am involved with IT systems for a company inside the building).

When I returned to the car the ticket was there, and it had been fine before - the reason on the ticket 'parked more than 2hrs'. I was pretty angry - ripped the thing off the windscreen and walked into the store. Went to the reception where some damn incompetent woman (who was about 21) stood there. Explained the situation calmly, when she replied, 'Well you have no right to park up there today - its closed today due to Easter Weekend'. If I had of been told ofcourse, I would have moved it, but where I parked my car, there were 7 other cars with tickets who were staff!!!

Told her that was not the case as there was not inidcation of clear sign and her responce was 'Pay the fine and park somewhere else.' Erm, no - get me your manager. Manager came down, talked to her, she realised they didnt have a sign and backed down, fine was cancelled. Since then I've got an unlimited permitt which actually means I can park anytime for as long as needed but they don't have a leg to stand on for most of the fines they dish out.

They can take you through courts though - if you're just a customer your probably going to need to pay up. :(

Back
Top Bottom