DFI or MSI?

Permabanned
Given the choice which motherboard would you go for?

DFI SLI-DR Expert or the MSI K8N Neo 4 platinum plus?

I'm going to be using my existing 3700+ @ 2.6GHz(could be higher if I could get the bloody dividers to work without garbbling the bios)

2 X 512MB corsair xms4400C25

enermax liberty 500W etc...

can you give me the pros and cons of both if you can please :)

Also should I get the ATI X1900 XT or the OCUK 7900 GTX?

Again pros and cons if you can :)

Associate
DFI Expert, I've got one its the best mobo i have had, got my opty 165 @ 2.8.

With the graphics cards i would go with the ATI X1900XT but it all comes down to personal preference, they are both great cards and offer similar performance.

Soldato
Got a few MSI and DFI Boards.

What we have here, is the usual PC war isnt it?

ATI or nVidia?
Intel or AMD
Now, what we have is also a bit of an MSI vs DFI war too!

Both sides kicking the proverbial rear end.

What I see though, is plain and simple.

The DFI Does edge out in front, of that, there is no doubt, but, you got to look at what it is that edges it out in front of the MSI, and then work out if its actually worth it or not for you?

My 2p worth and that is that bang for buck, the MSI leaves the DFI standing in its own wee

I have had, and still have both MSI and DFI boards of various flavours.

Currently my 4 main PCs have :-

S939
MSI Neo4-F ( x2 4400 )
MSI Neo2-Platinum ( Winnie 3200 )
S754
DFI LanParty 250GB UT ( Clawhammer 3700 & Newcastle 3000 )

And I am extremely happy with them all.

The MSI boards have been absolutely flawless... No, they have been better than that! ( Better than flawless??? ) while the DFI have had at least one or two... Well, lets just say niggles, cos they are near-perfect.... stock BIOS for example hates me and any CPU I threw into it, it hated the RAM, even though its Corsair XMS4400TwinX and the site suggests that as the best RAM for it??? - yet a new BIOS sorted that out

In terms of costs vs functions, I am sorry, but this is the biggie isnt it?

The DFI price tag is close to double that of a similar spec MSI and yet the functions are what??? - Far too little to justify the price tag thats for sure!

No, I would have to give the MSI another vote to be honest.

Go for the DFI only if you have a bit of extra cash and go for the MSI if you have common sense

Caporegime
FatRakoon said:
Go for the DFI only if you have a bit of extra cash and go for the MSI if you have common sense

The common sense option is two get the DFI spend the extra an not be limited with your overclock.

If I buy a 300 quid opty and clock it two FX 62 speeds and beyond the extra for the DFI is more than worth it.

Back
Top Bottom