Summer? Overclocking time!

Associate
Just got the AC heat duct hooked up to the window and and am now refrigerating my computer room, just got to block the rest of the small window to maximize on efficiency. It’s getting cold in here :eek: :D

Need to get a couple of better heatsinks for 2 machines both Socket A.
So what’s the best Socket A CPU cooler?
Currently looking at 2 ThermalRight SI-97’s (any good?)

Gentlemen. May the folding continue ;)

Soldato
Dammit, wish I could do something like that. Even with my Thermalright XP-120 + Akasa 120mm fan, temps are hitting 70+ on my LGA775 Preshot. In fact, for the first time ever, my system alarm went off today, which I could only attribute to the CPU hitting 75!*

*Although that may or may not have been due to the vast amounts of dust on the heatsink :)o). But even after a thorough clean the temps are still hitting 70

Last edited:
Soldato
Basically, the SI-97 is the best that money can buy for Socket A. The Gigabyte G-Power Pro is also good, but it's loud at high revs.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Heh. My main rig I usually have in my bedroom is watercooled.
When I get it back to my house then I'm going to put the 3x120mm radiator infront of the A/C unit, can't wait to see what temps I get :D

Meh I'll get a couple of Si-97's then from OcUK :)
Will also need 2 92mm fans.
2 Ambers perhaps or will that not be enough?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I had to go to the vets last night and the consultation room was warm, well toasty actually. In the corner on the desk was a crappy Dell P4 system screaming like a bloody Banshee. I have never heard such a noisy pc in my life. I have heard quieter jet engines and i should know as i was an engineer in the Air Force. Bloody ridiculous!! We could hardly hear what the vet was saying over the damn thing.

Man of Honour
Probably just full of dustbunnies. My Dual Xeon 2.8GHz Dell isn't bad if I don't load it too hard. On no load it's all but silent, which is pretty good going considering it's three and a half years old. :)

Associate
OP
Vets... Dustbunnies... :D

I laugh.

Heh heh.

One of the two machines currently has an 80mm fan at 5000rpm so it's very very noisy and it's still at about 48C as such I want to replace it.

Back
Top Bottom