• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

power supply recommendations?

Associate
can anyone recommend a suitable power supply for a 7800gtx. Its on an Asus board 2gb ram 3.8 P4 2 ooptical, 2 SATA hard drives. My Antec true 550W will not work with it. any help is appreciated.

Man of Honour
misterpete said:
My Antec true 550W will not work with it. any help is appreciated.

What do you mean it won't work with it? You should have more than enough power in an Antec TrueBlue 550w to run pretty much any system out there, does it not have the connectors or what else may be wrong with it?

Associate
OP
I have tried a 7800gtx which tripped the power supply then an ATI 1800xt, that won't even get as far as tripping the power, nothing at all happens when I switch on. I am perplexed by the whole thing.

Associate
I have the big Tagan 1100w jobbie - got big plans, and thought I'd start with a decent PSU. Not sure that I'm all in favour of the presentation suitcase that comes with it, as it's a bit of a gimmick.

At least hopefully, if and when I get problems with the PC, I shouldn't have to look whether the system is getting quality juice. :D

Associate
go for the hipper type r 580 w it looks bloody beautful it is a modular design so if you dont need all the power cionneters you can take them out to help the airflow in the case and also it almost totaly silent and very stable CHECK THE REVIEW AND SEE FOR YOURSELF

Soldato
smiley said:
go for the hipper type r 580 w it looks bloody beautful it is a modular design so if you dont need all the power cionneters you can take them out to help the airflow in the case and also it almost totaly silent and very stable CHECK THE REVIEW AND SEE FOR YOURSELF

Seasonic are better ;) :)

Back
Top Bottom