mysql

Permabanned
Can mysql handle multiple queries running on a multi-table 50,000 record database or will it all fall over due to the ammount of records?

Suspended
Slime101 said:
Can mysql handle multiple queries running on a multi-table 50,000 record database or will it all fall over due to the ammount of records?

It can handle it just fine.... depending on the hardware you slap it on of course. Mysql database are much much much bigger than that in the big corp world. Should see some of ours :o

Would be much easier to admin them if it wasnt for them pesky users :mad:

Permabanned
OP
50,000 records, 50,000 potential users, but not all at the same time- pobably no more than several hundred at a time.

I realise 50K is amll in DB terms, but big corps use MSSQL and alternatives usually over than mysql...or so i thought.

Man of Honour
That's a couple of orders of magnitude off big corp stuff, though :)

MySQL is a very competent database. It's not what corporate stuff with complex requirements would run on - for that you have MSSQL, Oracle etc, since MySQL lacks lots of features of ""proper"" databases (well, v5 has taken some big steps from what I've read) - but for the majority of uses it's a very competent tool :)

Adz

Adz

Soldato
Agreed. 50,000 records is nothing. I personally ran a 1,000,000 record table on a Dual Xeon 2.8 and I believe Berserker runs something even larger on lower spec hardware.

Obviously if you're receiving masses of traffic and the database is poorly designed, performance will be poor but with a decent structure, decent hardware and well designed code, it should be a breeze :).

Soldato
Slime101 said:

http://game-monitor.com/

Check out the number of database entries on that, and I'm sure other people have even more.

92,000 not that many, but almost double 50,000 and it's handling perfectly :)

Suspended
Slime101 said:
50,000 records, 50,000 potential users, but not all at the same time- pobably no more than several hundred at a time.

I realise 50K is amll in DB terms, but big corps use MSSQL and alternatives usually over than mysql...or so i thought.

I think some of the biggest around use MySQL, I know that places such as lastminute.com where they have to store all those flight details do.

Back
Top Bottom