Why is UK media so censored

Associate
I've just come back from Tenerife at mu uncles house and i was watching the news. It was showing a video of a roadside bomb in Iraq and the aftermath. I didnt realize the level of voilence in Iraq i told my freind about it and he told me about a well known site showing these sorts of videos and there are literally hundreds of videos from iraq shoqing voilence, killing , beheading , and suicide bombings. Why dosen't the Uk media show things that they show in other EU countries. If the goverment led us into a war shouldn't we see what is actually happening there . I think is just misleading thats all !

Maybe this should be in speakers corner :confused:

Soldato
Do wars need to be that public and graphic? What sort of mentality do you want us to have? It's there if you really want to see it, there's no need to plaster it over the telly.

Associate
Have you got a link to these sites?

I've seen a few of the roadside bombing clips, one in a Bush-bashing video. They explosions are huge! :|

Associate
OP
Etaqua said:
Have you got a link to these sites?

I've seen a few of the roadside bombing clips, one in a Bush-bashing video. They explosions are huge! :|

I dont think i can post it here it contains other stuff too

Don
There's usually a public outcry if those sorts of things are shown on UK TV as they predominantly involve the deaths of "our boys". Of course if it's the enemy they quite happily show pictures of their bodies...

Jokester

Associate
OP
Mohinder said:
Do wars need to be that public and graphic? What sort of mentality do you want us to have? It's there if you really want to see it, there's no need to plaster it over the telly.

Then why display images of the war at all ??

Soldato
<Tom> said:
Then why display images of the war at all ??

They're reporting the news, telling us what happens. We don't need to see video footage of roadside bombings.

I don't anyway. If you want to be morbid, go and look it up on the internet.

War always has been and always will be a ****ing horrible thing, with a lot that goes on that doesn't get reported/shown - it has to be that way. The public don't want or need to see the grisly details of war.

Man of Honour
It's not "censored" at all, it's just a choice.

For instance, the war was all over live TV when it began (I watched it). But years later do we really need to be bombarded (sorry) every day?

Soldato
Mohinder said:
They're reporting the news, telling us what happens. We don't need to see video footage of roadside bombings.

I don't anyway. If you want to be morbid, go and look it up on the internet.

War always has been and always will be a ****ing horrible thing, with a lot that goes on that doesn't get reported/shown - it has to be that way. The public don't want or need to see the grisly details of war.
but wait, aren't these bombings thenews?

Everyday you hear suicide bomb this terrorist that.

Associate
OP
Stellios said:
Why show it on the news? If you want to see the more grusome stuff theres plenty of websites that will allow you to stream/download them

Why do they show it in most othe EU countries then ??

Soldato
jamoor said:
but wait, aren't these bombings thenews?

Everyday you hear suicide bomb this terrorist that.

The bombings are the news, yes. I said that already.

Watching our boys get blown up and killed, however, it's not the news. It's depressing and unecessary.

Soldato
<Tom> said:
Why do they show it in most othe EU countries then ??

Because im presuming our soldiers will see the news (do they or not?) and seeing their own people be killed cannot be good motivation.

Also, id rather not see someone getting their head chopped off while tucking into my tea while watching the 6o clock news as its very grusome to watch.

Back
Top Bottom