OcUK Magazine

Soldato
Just been talking to my mate about this and thought I would post it up here.
I was saying, I am surprized that OcUK havent got a magazine of some sort to write reviews of new hardware etc in it and generally promote their shop. I know if the price was right I would buy it.

Have they ever considered it ?

Thanks, Sam

Soldato
Think it would add extra staff and costs that are not needed really.

Most people who buy sperate hardware are fairly clued up enough to read reviews across the net anyway, and OcUK is pretty big already - wouldnt really benefit from it imo.

A news letter would be easier / better imo

Associate
It would be nothing more than a glorified catalogue. Then you've got the costs of writing it (extra staff?), designing/printing it and then distribution costs (I can't see WHSmith stocking it somehow). Basically it's an easy way to lose a fair bit of money.

OCUK is nothing more than a retail shop. That's what it's good at. Expanding into other sectors (such as publishing) would be a recipe for disaster unless it were thought through very carefully.

Soldato
OP
Memphis said:
That's a whole other empire than a hardware shop though.
Yes I know, I was just thinking about it as my other hobby (rc) runs a website (www.maxbashing.com) and they also run a monthly magazine which is very popular and though OcUK may do the same on a computer basis.
I am sure it would be a big hit and make them even bigger than they currently are.

Soldato
its a good idea, but doesnt ocuk gain the major % of its income from the internet anyways as apposed to the shop?
I already get ocuk weekly emails telling me there top hardware of the week

Permabanned
It would simply look like a money spinner, nice idea but OcUK is a hardware store amongst a thousand others in the UK, a magazine simply wouldn't suit it.

An RSS feed for their news and product range wouldn't go amiss though. :)

Soldato
main point, most PC mags are out of date by the time you buy them, + your not really going to have letters from readers, just write on the forum instead

nice idea but financially it isnt really viable

edit once again attempt at humour

Last edited:
Don
dmpoole said:
I thought they already did.
Its called the HARDWARE forums and everybody writes the reviews for them.

They go something like this - Intel is crap, Creative is crap, Apple is crap etc.

aaah see you have not read your latest edition... Intel is on the rise ;)

Stelly

Soldato
lemonkettaz said:
there are too many pc mags....

think custompc is in the realms ocuk mag would go...

dont know but i bet people flame custompc, but i like it... :rolleyes:

I read CustomPC also. It's a good magazine and I learn much from it. Not sure why anyone would have anything against it tbh :confused:

SiriusB

Back
Top Bottom