11 days - to a months insurance

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Know anyone that will do upto a months insurance for a driver aged 20 with 2 years license?

I turn 20 on the 28th of june and my insurance is up on the 17th. Those 11 days are a difference of £500 with my quotes!

Pretty silly really, but becasue of a couple accidents, I won't be able to live, let alone insure my car, and where I live there are no busses etc. A car is a necessity.

Now I can get to work for those 11 days on the old pedals. That's fair enough. But I have a house to look after including a dog and two horses and thats a few miles away so i really really need my car as they cannot find anywhere for the animals or anyone else to help.

Soldato
chrislusty said:
Day insure

people of the fourms have used them, and i dont think they complain, never used them myself though.

Not old enough for DayInsure

Why not get a policy with admiral/elephant etc and after 11 days cancel it? With Admiral you have upto 14 days to cancel it and then you get back all your money minus a £35 admin charge iirc

Or live without a car for a week and a half!!

Or ask current insurance if youcan have a month extention (some places do this)?

Soldato
If you are close to a birthday many insurers will if asked give you the discount applicable to the higher age group. Obviouly you need to phone and ask, but worthwhile if it's £500 difference.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
OP
pinkaardvark said:
If you are close to a birthday many insurers will if asked give you the discount applicable to the higher age group. Obviouly you need to phone and ask, but worthwhile if it's £500 difference.

Nobody seems interested in doing this, and my current company (Norwich Union) are unwilling to offer an extension.

I think taking out a policy then cancelling it is more hassle that it's worth and could lead to other problems I could do without.

I will try again on the phone I suppose but it's usually down to the person who picks up the phone.

Also, I thought it was now illegal to just carry on taking your money after your insurance period unless you say so? My renewal, as well as being a complete joke, states they will keep debiting my account until I say no. Surely that's just plain wrong and illegal?

I think I might just have to do without the car. Cycling 100 miles a day might get a little dull after the first day though!!

Back
Top Bottom