No Passengers until a years experience..

Soldato
Just listening to news about the accident in Hull where 4 girls died when 2 drunk drivers were racing. (r.i.p)

Anyway the parents are trying to change the law to carry no passengers until they have a years experience... errr, who thinks that would help anything at all? :confused:

Soldato
How about dont get in the car with drunk people!

Muppets trying to introduce a rule like that not a chance it would happen.

Man of Honour
Don't worry, victims families try stuff like this all the time - it's a way of dealing with their grief :(

It wont happen.

Man of Honour
AmDaMan said:
Anyway the parents are trying to change the law to carry no passengers until they have a years experience... errr, who thinks that would help anything at all? :confused:

Huh? So you can't drive on your own until you pass your test then you can't drive with someone else in the car for a year???

While I can see where the parents are coming from I don't see how it's going to make any difference, how do you enforce it for a start? Stop every car with more than one person in it?

olv

olv

Soldato
that's the way it is in new zealand. not sure the time period but for the first year or so you are not allowed to carry passengers. oddly enough, if they are intoxicated you can... bizarre

Soldato
AmDaMan said:
Just listening to news about the accident in Hull where 4 girls died when 2 drunk drivers were racing. (r.i.p)

Main problem is young drivers are indcredibly stupid, driving age should be moved to at least 18/19, maybe 21. Too much responsibility for a 17 year old.

Soldato
[TW]Fox said:
Don't worry, victims families try stuff like this all the time - it's a way of dealing with their grief :(

It wont happen.
Exactly true.

In there eyes if they can stop this kind of tradegy happening again then the loss of their loved one(s) feels like it hasn't been in vain.

Soldato
olv said:
that's the way it is in new zealand. not sure the time period but for the first year or so you are not allowed to carry passengers. oddly enough, if they are intoxicated you can... bizarre

So in the first year of driving you can't give your mum a lift to the shops unless she's drunk :eek: :D

Soldato
Lord-Jaffa said:
Main problem is young drivers are indcredibly stupid, driving age should be moved to at least 18/19, maybe 21. Too much responsibility for a 17 year old.
Thats way too much of sweeping statement there. Yes you will get some morons at 17 but you will get them at 20, 30, 40 etc etc.

Soldato
lordrobs said:
Thats way too much of sweeping statement there. Yes you will get some morons at 17 but you will get them at 20, 30, 40 etc etc.

Yes but is a person of 30 or 40 likely to make the same stupid mistakes as someone of 17 who has just passed their test? Not only your own life you put in danger with poor driving but anyone else who happens to be around you.

Permabanned
RIP for what sounds like a tragic accident.

The families can say what they want but no passengers before 1 years experience is absolutely ridiculous and it wouldn't help anything, there's always going to be drunken idiots on the road and that's that, why punish the innocent motorists... As a 17 year old driver I always feel totally discriminated against because of these stupid families pushing for stupid legislation like that tarring all young/new drivers with the same brush, if there was a real chance of such legislation I'd be right ****** off.

Soldato
Lord-Jaffa said:
Yes but is a person of 30 or 40 likely to make the same stupid mistakes as someone of 17 who has just passed their test? Not only your own life you put in danger with poor driving but anyone else who happens to be around you.
Often thats down to inexperience though. By raising the driving age your not going to raise the amount of experience new drivers have.

The only thing it might reduce if the law change the op was talking about was to go ahead would be inexperienced people showing off to there mates.

olv

olv

Soldato
Del Lardo said:
So in the first year of driving you can't give your mum a lift to the shops unless she's drunk :eek: :D

I know it's hilarious. "Yeah I can give you a lift but you need to down this half bottle of vodka first..."

Soldato
I believe its like this in a some of the states of the US as well, seems pointless tbh, one of the advatages of being able to drive is to be able to take all your mates somewhere and have a day out at a themepark or something, if something this is law than someone thinks would be a good idea :rolleyes: ever existed, you'd have to wait till you'd all passed and then take separate cars (good for the environment, not lol)

I'm with fox here, kneejerk compaigns are not uncommon, and most of the time they don't succeed, thank god (see, our law making process isn't total garbage :p )

If I'm ever with someone and they are driving dangerously, i'll excercise my legal right of free speach and tell them to stop driving like a ****ing moron :p , what more laws do we need ;)

We certainly don't need any more rules that restrict what we can do, unless there is very sound basis for making them, the benifiets of any rules must far outweigh any costs :)

Soldato
Lord-Jaffa said:

Most of the time I feel someone is putting me at risk it's a 25-50yo in a BMW/Posrshe/Audi weaving in and out of traffic on the motorway, or some fool powering up the outside lane using his mobile and not paying attention.

It's not some kid in a Corsa/Fiesta/Saxo.

Don
AmDaMan said:

As far as I'm aware there's plenty of statistical evidence to suggest that young driver's (particularly male) driving ability deterioate when they have passengers of there own age in the car with them.

Jokester

Back
Top Bottom