• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Recommend me a cheap quiet graphics card (not for gaming)

Associate
Just looking to do a new AM2 build and want a cheap, quiet graphics card - I wont be using it for gaming, so just something cheapish and reliable please.

Soldato
markysparky said:
geforce 5200, definately not for games but cheap as anything and available on ocuk

thats agp and about 300 years old.

a 6200 or 6200TC should fit the bill, damm cheap and has some nice features too, try to get the passive models.

Are you going for amd or intel?

am2 is amds new socket. *slap*
and i dont think there are any am2 mobos with the 6100 chipset.

Associate
OP
lay-z-boy said:
thats agp and about 300 years old.

a 6200 or 6200TC should fit the bill, damm cheap and has some nice features too, try to get the passive models.

am2 is amds new socket. *slap*
and i dont think there are any am2 mobos with the 6100 chipset.
Thanks, so will the 6200 run fine on with this motherboard - MSI K9N Platinum nForce 570

Associate
OP
cool, thanks all

Also, If I was prepared to spend a bit more would the 6800 or 6600 be the obvious choice?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
lay-z-boy said:
if you want something a bit better then if you want ati

x1600pro

or if nvidia

7600gs/gt

but if your not gaming neither are worth it.
will there be any issues with running programs like Photoshop & Indesign on a cheaper card?

Back
Top Bottom