Finalise a dvd-r

ob1

ob1

Associate
I burnt off a DVD last night but it got to 99% and decided not to continue, no crash or hang or error message.
Later I realise a small setting in nero had changed itself from dvd5 to dvd9, so I guess that caused the problem?

Can I finalise this dvd-r because it was burnt ok just seems the line out was never going to work, not that it displayed an attempt to do this even.

Associate
DVD5 is for 4.7gb discs while DVD9 is the setting for high capacity dual layer discs.

Have you burnt a multisession disc? This will stop the disc from being finalised.

ob1

ob1

Associate
OP
It was not multisession as it asked me about this beforehand and I changed it. Its a UDF disc and it just stopped at 99% on the last file, in the past Ive finalised a disc like this but havent found a way this time which is a pity when the contents are all fine.

I'd burn it again if I was sure the reason was the wrong setting, ie dvd9

ob1

ob1

Associate
OP
Ok I managed to find a solution somehow all by myself.

The original was a UDF and unfinalised but had 90meg free on the disc. So I wrote a 30 meg file to the disc as a dvd-rom (iso) compilation, the previous contents showed up all with a red X by them.

I carried on and burnt disc with the finalise disc option ticked, after this Nero asked about the conflicting book types and asked if I wanted to convert the disc to ISO which I said yes to. ( It then mentions writing UDF anchor types)
Nero burnt the disc and it is now accessable by any normal means, all content is fine.

The new file added is nowhere to be seen which doesnt matter it was only a 30 meg video. There was a 2.3gig single file on the disc which now brings up a read error probably due to its size not being compatible, this is ok I will just rewrite and the disc was a total loss to me before anyway

Nero still describes the disc as a UDF.

Ive no idea why this works but it did so in case anyone finds themselves in the same mess, do the same prehaps :D

Back
Top Bottom