Should I jump to a 2407?

Soldato
I currently have 2 x 17" Viewsonic VP171's side by side and I really like the extra space/functionality but I'll have to admit I've been a little spoilt by my xbox. Running games in anything but widescreen seems wrong now and when watching videos/films of course I'm ending up with black bars top and bottom :(

Would it be worth a jump to the 2407? My 2 monitors work flawlessly right now but do suffer from some nasty backlight bleed (very noticable watching things like lost/24)

Is it really worth the 750ish?

Associate
Psymonkee said:
Is it really worth the 750ish?
Depends how bad you want it ;)

For me, yeah, it was worth every penny! I need another 3 of these now! And a much bigger desk :D

If you want a massive bright, sharp and rich desktop, a monitor that you can really sit back and watch movies on, and - believe it or not - a way better screen for gaming than anything else I've ever had then yes, sadly you have to pay this that kind of money for it.

But do you really want it that bad... £750 bad? :eek:

Associate
If your anything like me.....If your thinking it now...you would be just better of getting it now...

cos ** gona buy it anyway (it may just take you weeks to decide) :D

Associate
I am also considering whether to buy one of these, how does the Dell 32" LCD TV match up to the 2407? The TV is £765 on the Dell website which is pretty cheap considering its HD ready to. How good will the TV be for gaming though?

Associate
If u want a monitor for gaming id stay clear of the 2407 or any other pva panel, its well known that the pva panels suffer from input lag, about 30-50ms.

Have alook round the net for more info

Associate
Snoops said:
If u want a monitor for gaming id stay clear of the 2407 or any other pva panel, its well known that the pva panels suffer from input lag, about 30-50ms.

Have alook round the net for more info
If you want a monitor that makes gaming more enjoyable, I'd buy the 2407... it's immersive, clear, sharp and bright, excellent resolution with everything at just about the perfect size, and a whole host of other advantages which, IMHO, completely overwhelm the unnoticable disadvantage of input lag.

If you are really *that* good at computer games or that concerned about winning that you think that the tiny input lag with seriously affect your ability to play a game, umm... well, you probably need to get out more :p

Associate
Another_Mook said:
If you want a monitor that makes gaming more enjoyable, I'd buy the 2407... it's immersive, clear, sharp and bright, excellent resolution with everything at just about the perfect size, and a whole host of other advantages which, IMHO, completely overwhelm the unnoticable disadvantage of input lag.

If you are really *that* good at computer games or that concerned about winning that you think that the tiny input lag with seriously affect your ability to play a game, umm... well, you probably need to get out more :p

Get beat a lot at online gaming ? :p

Associate
kinggost said:
errrrrrrrrrrrrmmm yeh i got mine stert of the year and now want to build or upgrade my comp around my dell 2407fpw
Okay, then you need to go nVidia... and before anybody starts, the 2407wfp doesn't support 1600x1200 in 1:1, it stretches it and you can't change the aspect on the 2407wfd's OSD. For some reason this option is not available on this resolution only :confused:

Thus, you have to do it in software, and the ATI cards application doesn't support it. With nVidia software you can set the output to maintain a 1:1 mapping on lcds. :)

Permabanned
My 2407 will be here monday... Hopefully the response time is fast enough for me to live with it and the X1900 can cope at the native resolution...... Thats all im worried about really..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom