Does Halifax give you an unauthorized OD allowance?

Soldato
I need to go over my od but I don't like being charged (who does?) My m8 just said to me Natwest gave him a £25 unauthorized od allowance and he wont be charged as long as he don't go over that 25 quid mark. Is this an arranged thing or are all accounts with overdrafts like this?

Soldato
Lee2k4 said:
I need to go over my od but I don't like being charged (who does?) My m8 just said to me Natwest gave him a £25 unauthorized od allowance and he wont be charged as long as he don't go over that 25 quid mark. Is this an arranged thing or are all accounts with overdrafts like this?

You will be charged if a payment is paid/unpaid that does/would take you in excess of your authorised overdraft limit. There is a tollerance of £30.00, however, that only comes in to play to avoid an unauthorised overdraft charge (£28.00), and does not effect paid/unpaid item charges.

Hope that helps :).

And oh, I would not advise you to go in excess of your overdraft agreement, all charges are avoidable but not if you encourage them of course ;).

Soldato
OP
Alright cheers, I don't like doing it myself as I've just only got out of a long battle with Halifax who threw 17 charges at me this year (long story). I just needed to draw £10 out but I have already used my od and I don't want to be charged 28 quid just for the sake of drawing £10 out.

Cheers

Soldato
Liquid_Entity said:
not from Halifax, I went £11 over my OD when my pay didnt go in and a debit payment was taken. They charged me £30 - NO SWEARING !! !!

That would be a paid item charge. But from what you've said it would seem the charge is neither yours or Halifax's fault, is it?

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Me too. I went approx £10 over with Halifax earlier this year, and got charged £48. They can't complain that it cost them that amount to write the letter and deduct the amount, as it was all done completely automatically, with the letter coming by email. It just took one day longer than I'd expected for a five figure amount to get paid in.

Soldato
Drawoh Tesremos said:
They can't complain that it cost them that amount to write the letter and deduct the amount, as it was all done completely automatically, with the letter coming by email.
Got to pay for the shareholders bubbly somehow.
</ fat bloke on the Nationwide Advert>

Back
Top Bottom