Volvo S70 CD 2.3 T5

Guv

Guv

Soldato
Someone in my family is looking at buying one of these.
1997 P reg, 120k miles, full volvo service history.
Look to be in pretty good condition.

I don't know much about the car. Has anyone here owned one or got any opinions?

thanks

Guv

Guv

Soldato
OP
James_N said:
dont know much about the S70 in particular, but the CD spec is the one you want, it has all the options :D
Will be pretty quick off the mark too, and i bet, pretty cheap.

Go for it imo :)

Just check the service history to make sure everything is in order :)

/edit - would it be this one: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1997-VOLVO-S7...4645338924QQcategoryZ9872QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

lot of car for not much ££

I haven't seen it so can't say for sure but that definitely looks like it could be it.
I've never driven a volvo, but with the T5 engine at 240bhp they can't be that bad :)

Soldato
I drive an S60 T5 and they are fantastic cars, Parking them is a mare, servicing can be abit expensive, and its very thirsty round town (lot of metal to get up to speed) but it still puts a smile on my face when i put my foot down after 18 months owning it.

S70 i would imagine would be the same but "more of it"

Soldato
My mum owns a S80 and the sound it makes when you rev it is quite :eek: . When she first got it and let my bro rev it, i was SHOCKED. it sounded so good and i wasn't expecting it from a volvo. Very good cars, and the T5's just add the sweet acceleration. Also, i know the S80 is very safe indeed, and imagine the s70 would be pretty much the same. I'd go for it tbh, and remember, police have Volvo T5's, so they can't be too shabby can they?! :D

Soldato
I have been in a T5 R many years ago and i still remember how much i fell in love with it. Really really nice car and I dont think you will find a non jap car with that much power for so little money.

Back
Top Bottom