Hard Top Convertables

Soldato
I have spent the afternoon considering my next car and these came up in convesation.

I really like the new C70 Volvo T5s,

Which other full sized cars can you get with a removable lid?

By full size i mean bigger than a 307cc which brings me to my second point.
A friends wife has seriously damaged his 307CC by folding the roof while the boot was full, aparently there has been some serious chassis twisting done.
How solid are the chassis on convertable cars? I dont like the idea of a car that can be damaged by a servo cranking the roof down.

Permabanned
House said:
By full size i mean bigger than a 307cc which brings me to my second point.
A friends wife has seriously damaged his 307CC by folding the roof while the boot was full, aparently there has been some serious chassis twisting done.
How solid are the chassis on convertable cars? I dont like the idea of a car that can be damaged by a servo cranking the roof down.

Get a better marque. Its a Peugeot, that explains everything.

Soldato
Don't these convertibles have a 'Max Fill' Line in the boot like a Photo Copier or Printer?!?... So you don't over fill em into the roof space :confused:

I know the Saab 900/93 Conv does!...

Soldato
Simian said:
Don't these convertibles have a 'Max Fill' Line in the boot like a Photo Copier or Printer?!?... So you don't over fill em into the roof space :confused:

I know the Saab 900/93 Conv does!...

They probably all do, but the better cars will also have sensors that detect obstructions and stop before damage is done. To rely on human stupidity is asking for trouble.

Caporegime
House said:
aparently there has been some serious chassis twisting done.

The structure of the roof would be bent not the car itself, supprised it don't have load sensors and it should shut off when its becomes stuck.

Caporegime
Firestar_3x said:
The structure of the roof would be bent not the car itself, supprised it don't have load sensors and it should shut off when its becomes stuck.
Surprised it doesn't have a load of sensors like the softop A4 does, and won't even ATTEMPT to move the roof if something is in the way.

Garrett said:
Hard tops are an option for the 3 series convertible.

Not folding ones.

Back
Top Bottom