Games to keep me occupied in work...

Soldato
I Have just bourght a Mac book the 1.86 GHZ dual core one (not the pro so graphics not great)
It does run half life two ok though on med-low settings. (when running XP)

What games do you reckon I could run whilst on the train/plane/at work

any reccomendations, Ive got FM2006 which will keep me occupied for a while.
But what other games should I get, preferably not shooters/racing as I dont want to have to lug a mouse round with me so using touchpad.

EDIT - just got Final fantasy 7 for the PC off an auction site for £10, may well be a copy, but this is a fantastic game! is it as good on the pc? only played it on PS1/2

DOH! wrong forum, can someone move this to PC gaming thx...

Last edited:
Caporegime
Age of empires 3 should run on minimum settings, tbh though rts games get a bit tricky with a pad, actually most games do, I'd get a mouse tbh they arent exactly huge are they?

Btw its not 1.86Ghz its 1.83Ghz ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
Ah, sorry, forgot to mention you have to add the /n command line switch to disable the sound, 'fraid it doesn't work otherwise.

To do this:
  1. Open the properties for LIERO.EXE
  2. Go to the Program tab
  3. Find the Cmd Line field and add /n to the end

...and you're set :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Inquisitor said:
Ah, sorry, forgot to mention you have to add the /n command line switch to disable the sound, 'fraid it doesn't work otherwise.

To do this:
  1. Open the properties for LIERO.EXE
  2. Go to the Program tab
  3. Find the Cmd Line field and add /n to the end

...and you're set :)
got it working but it goes at about 900 FPS :eek:

Soldato
Oakesy2001uk said:
will civ 4 play on a macbook, or am I going to have to settle for civ 3?

The Intel GMA 950 graphics are, without sounding rude, crap. Chances are most games of the last few years will struggle with it, as you have found out with HL2. Civ 4 will be no different, although it will run at min ok. Your probably best off with Civ 3.

Come to think of it, I'm not even sure if the 950 will run it as as far as I know it doesn't have hardware transform and lightning which Civ 4 requires.

Back
Top Bottom