Question Regarding the Airsoft ban

Soldato
Well what sort of a gun is it? Is it a replica of a real gun? What pellets does it use? How fast does it shoot?

Commissario
There is absolutely no way to know the answer to that question as nothing has been announced. Speculation is all that can happen and that doesn't help anyone.

K.

Associate
Holy post revival batman!

You will still be able to carry on using it if the VCR bill goes through without any amendments. It bans the sale, import and manufacture of RIFs, but it doesn't require you to give up any you currently own and we can still carry on using them in skirmishes.

[edit]Good choice btw, they're seriously nice bits of kit and one is next on my shopping list.

Last edited:
Soldato
Feek said:
There is absolutely no way to know the answer to that question as nothing has been announced. Speculation is all that can happen and that doesn't help anyone.

K.

feek, wheres your sig?

Soldato
Karbon said:
anyone got any more info on the ban?

And by airsoft, are we referring to non co2 powered guns? Or guns that fire bbs? Because I have a co2 makarov that fires metal bbs. Not like I use it anymore though.

Aod

Aod

Soldato
the ban focuses on what the government call "realistic imitation firearms" (RIFs) which they fail to define.

Airguns will not be included under these legislations because they are technically firearms.

it goes like this:

Looks like a gun, but isn't over 1.35J in power = RIF
doesn't look remotely like a gun, but over 1.35J in power = Firearm
doesn't look like a gun and isn't over 1.35J in power = IF.

the government specifies that a IF can only be classified as not being an RIF if a non-trained person can differentiate it from a real gun without inspection further then looking at it on a table.

therefore, if a member of public mistakes it for a firearm, then its an RIF, even if it doesn't fire anything.

for more info, visit the ABA website:
http://www.associationofbritishairsoft.org/

Associate
Lee2k4 said:
£400 for a toy gun your crazy

Meh, some people would consider others who spend thousands on PC parts/cars/whatever crazy. Its a hobby which thousands of people in this country enjoy, and as with some hobbies it usually gets expensive:p.

That little lot in my sig? Nearly £2k worth of stuff there...:o

Last edited:
Soldato
Shotgun_ned, a little OT but what is the shotgun in your sig like?. Is it one of the ones that shoot 3 bb's at once?. It looks smart, im thinking of getting one myself.

Pyro, nice makarov, i have a few co2 pistols but i find them to be a bit boring to plink with after using my aisoft pistols. Ive allways wanted a makarov though as i love the look and feel of them, also i bet the blowback adds to the realism. Its either that or the PPK co2, as thats pretty similar.

Mark

Associate
Mark A said:
Shotgun_ned, a little OT but what is the shotgun in your sig like?. Is it one of the ones that shoot 3 bb's at once?. It looks smart, im thinking of getting one myself.

Pyro, nice makarov, i have a few co2 pistols but i find them to be a bit boring to plink with after using my aisoft pistols. Ive allways wanted a makarov though as i love the look and feel of them, also i bet the blowback adds to the realism. Its either that or the PPK co2, as thats pretty similar.

Mark

Yeah it is, but its not Tokyo Marui. Its a Marushin gas M500 tactical cruiser, full metal and feels and looks great. Unfortunatly its broken, one of the pump bars snapped so its been relegated to showpiece only. It does still fire, but it takes a bit of messing about with 1st which obviously isn't ideal. They're pretty hard to get hold of now as they've stopped making them, your only option would be second hand.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom