recommend me a fan controller

k3v

k3v

Associate
hi, all
I've got a lian-li pc7+ case in black and an asrock dual mobo. can you recommend me a fan controller in black that will shut up my fans when idling. I want a decent quality one that will allow for extra additions in the future.

thanks

Soldato
You want one to control the fans for you based on temps or a manual controller?

For manual, i recommend the Coolermaster Aerogate 2 in black.
For a much cheaper solution the zalman fanmate(4th down) would do, perhaps with a couple of y cables (2nd down) for multiple fans.

For automatic, try speedfan with your fans hooked up the speed controlled headers on the board.
Failing that, T-balancer is probably the best bet.

Soldato
BloodWolf said:
Just a noob question..

With these fan controllers, you can control all your fans speed? :eek:
You mean can it control fans from off all the way to on or can it control every fan in the system?

The first one depends on the fan controller, the one i recomended allows you to turn the fans completey off or completely on.
The second one, usually four fans, more with y-cables which allow multiple fans per channel.

Soldato
You can control up to four fans, and many more with y-cables.
You can usually control graphics card fans, but you have to bend the pins a little and you won't get rpm monitoring.
The Aerogate 2 will beep or flash if it doesn't get a rpm signal (it thinks the fan has failed) so you can't really use it for graphics card fans.

Soldato
The akasa pro 5.25" fan controler is excellent and hasnt let me down sinse i bought it about a year ago
do you find it gives you accurate temps? lets say you are running smart guardian and have one of these....will both give same temps? what happens if they do not? what does it mean?

Associate
xirokx said:
do you find it gives you accurate temps? lets say you are running smart guardian and have one of these....will both give same temps? what happens if they do not? what does it mean?
You do understand that the akasa uses thermal probes right? You have to stick them on the IHS for example. You are not going to get exactly the same temps as in smart guardian. The thermal probes should be more accurate than the mobos probes as well.

If they are very wrong then probably the motherboards sensors are inaccurate

Permabanned
xirokx said:
the sensors in the cpu and motherboard are very small which makes them less accurate and as previously said u have to put the temp probes on the ihs of the cpu and as i got mine after a new biuld i didnt do that so i get slightly less accurate readings

Associate
Sorry to activiate a dead thread but I have a question regarding the aeorgate with the temp probes, the question is the new system im building will be using a swiftec watercooling system and I was wondering how I would put a temperate probe on to the cpu, would I put it onto the cpu then put the waterblock ontop of it all. Sorry about the question but this is the first time ive used a fan controller and the first time ive used water cooling.

Soldato
dosk3n said:
Sorry to activiate a dead thread but I have a question regarding the aeorgate with the temp probes, the question is the new system im building will be using a swiftec watercooling system and I was wondering how I would put a temperate probe on to the cpu, would I put it onto the cpu then put the waterblock ontop of it all. Sorry about the question but this is the first time ive used a fan controller and the first time ive used water cooling.
Don't put it in between the waterblock and the cpu.
You can put it on the edge of the ihs or the edge of the water block.

Back
Top Bottom