Which sony Lcd ?

Associate
hi
i been thinking about getting a sony 32" lcd tv but im confussed in which one would be best, i'll many be using it for the xbox 360 and watching tv/dvd's

these are the 2 models
KDL32V2000U
KDLV32A12U

but i cant really see what the difference in them is to be honest
can you help ?

many thanks

Soldato
I have a 40V2000U and its amazing

the 2000 models have better conections so id go for one of them unless you can get a older modle on the cheap and you dont need the sockets

main diffs are VGA socket and light sensor for auto adjustment, they also have a better/newer panel and back light as well

Associate
KDL32V2000U is the newer model... trust me there is a lot of difference (dont even go down the older model route! the picture quality is a lot better in the newer models, has PC connection too)

The new x range has also just been released (Top of the range sony LCD)

If on tight budget (s series)
looking for quality (v series)
If you only want the best (x series)

Soldato
The new models are slightly better with regards the V series. They are not miles better and contrary to whats posted above have the same 8ms panels. Yes connectivity is improved with a VGA socket but its a minor update of a great original product.

Aparently its the S series thats improved a lot over its predecessor in picture quality terms.

The New X range will be one of the best on the market but the 40" (smallest with 1920x1080) aint out till Sept and will be an easy £2500, the 46" version has just launched aparently but is £3000+

Last edited:
Associate
Mr Latte said:
The new models are slightly better with regards the V series. They are not miles better and contrary to whats posted above have the same 8ms panels. Yes connectivity is improved with a VGA socket but its a minor update of a great original product.

Exactly, have an older V series (if you can call 9 months old lol) imo since its not 1080p the difference is minimal at best, have no need for a VGA socket.

Soldato
Also for those that are kinda fussy just look at the ugly mess they made of the remote this time. Personally id still buy the older model as i prefer its looks and if VGA was important also with a price reduction offer.

Not being 1080p was an oversight but the OP should consider the new Toshiba thats doing the rounds as its a lot cheaper and is a 1080 panel however reports are it struggles with producing good black levels.

Associate
The new V series uses a S-PVA panel and a different (WCG-CCFL) backlight that's supposed to allow enhanced colour.
The old V series models do not have the S-PVA panel or the WCG-CCFL backlight. The Sony S2000/2010 series 32" and larger also have the S-PVA panel but lack the new backlight.
Whether this is a big issue is upto you but if I were choosing between the old and new V series then I'd get the V2000. I was looking for a 26" set though so I got the Sony S2010.

Caporegime
stu.artd said:
The new V series uses a S-PVA panel and a different (WCG-CCFL) backlight that's supposed to allow enhanced colour.
The old V series models do not have the S-PVA panel or the WCG-CCFL backlight. The Sony S2000/2010 series 32" and larger also have the S-PVA panel but lack the new backlight.
Whether this is a big issue is upto you but if I were choosing between the old and new V series then I'd get the V2000. I was looking for a 26" set though so I got the Sony S2010.

also the S series uses the same S-PVA panel and also has the Bravia Processing Engine

its only missing the Colour Enhancements of which i forget the name

Back
Top Bottom