A8N SLI SE Problem

Associate
Hi all

Built my first PC round begining of March. All been going well, but lately I've been getting a message on startup "Warning your computer CHIP fan fail or speed too slow".

I asked a friend and I was told not to worry about it. Lately however I've been getting the message more and I've been checking if I could see a problem with any of the fans. If I'm reading the user manual correctly, the fan for the NVIDIA nForce4 SLI, which is in a metal cage with ASUS on it, just below the memory, and above the sata connectors doesn't always spin, it doesn't even move at all sometimes when I turn on the PC, and does only start to spin when i press the power button to turn it off and on again.

Is this something I should be worried about? Is there anything I can do to sort it?

Thanks.

Associate
Sounds like a faulty chipset fan, and yes you should be worried as you need sufficient cooling to cool your motherboard chipset. Contact Asus and they should be able to send you a new fan, your motherboard should still be under warranty if you only bought it in march.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the reply.

Just found the invoice, placed the order on 25th Jan... time has flown, didn't think it was that long.

And you have just reminded me of something very important that I didn't do - register all the parts!!! :(

I'm guessing that means there is no warranty? Or is there still time to do it?

Somebody shoot me.

Back
Top Bottom