Strange request - can you name this martial arts film...

Associate
Right, firstly I apologise for being so vague, but I haven't a lot to go on. About about 15yrs ago when I was a lot younger, I saw a martial arts film, which involved the following:
  • Guy getting trained in the jungle (it's NOT KickBoxer).
  • The bad guy he had to fight was called Kahn*.
  • His training involved preparing for Kahn's signature move - a series of 3 kicks.
  • He practiced by blocking logs that were swung at him (which were meant to resemble Kahn's kicks).
  • The final fight was set on some kind of wooden platform, surrounded by pointy, sharp wooden poles (which I *think* Kahn falls on in the end).
Now, I'm in no way a film buff (as you might be able to tell). But it's really been bugging me as to what this film is, as I'd love to get hold of it, if just for the sake of a little reminiscence. I've tried googling a few choice phrases, but sadly to no avail. IMDB hasn't been any help either. Has anyone got any idea of the film I'm talking about? Would be greatly appreciated if anyone could shed some light on the matter.

:)

*I think that's his name, but I'm not 100% sure

Last edited:
Associate
The film was The King of the Kickboxers and the main role was Loren Avedon.

One of the films I loved from my youth. I'm going to have to try and dig this out now.

pie

Associate
hehe, no problem.

glad to see it wasn't just me watching those martial arts films in my youth.

you've got me wanting to watch it now. :)

found this as well......

king.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom