BBC and ITV biased towards England!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Just read this on the scotsman.com news website. Here is a snippet:

JACK McConnell launched a stinging attack on the BBC and ITV last night for being too biased in favour of England in their World Cup coverage.

The First Minister accused the broadcasters of "forgetting they are supposed to represent the whole of the country" and said he hoped they would produce more balanced coverage in the future.

Ok the coverage of England is good. It`s our National team for gods sake. Plus for them to say "forgetting they are supposed to represent the whole of the country" is total rubbish as they are representing the whole country. The country of England. Scotland and wales etc are totaly different countries.

How can they make a more balanced coverage? Theres only England in the world cup for our home nations..

Stupid scots.

Rant over

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
droolinggimp said:
Stupid scots.

Stupid generalisations :rolleyes:

Jack McConnell may be the first minister of Scotland but he does not represent the views of everybody.

I would thank you to keep your xenophobic opinions to yourself in future.

I, personally, hope England do well in the tournament - I don't think they're quite good enough to win it but I think they should do quite well.

One thing I will say though is that in events where other home nations are participating (e.g. Commonwealth games etc.) there does appear to be a slight bias towards the English competitors from the BBC etc.
I don't know whether it just appears like this because I want to see more of the Scottish competitors or whether there is actually a bias towards England.

Perhaps somebody English with a less prejudicial attitude would care to comment.

Associate
droolinggimp said:
How can they make a more balanced coverage? Theres only England in the world cup for our home nations..

Stupid scots.

Rant over

By being even handed and honest.

It amazes me for instance to hear people still banging on about Maradona 20years after the fact for handling a ball and then, nothing is said about quite blatant dives by England players. I'm not saying England players are particularly prone to cheating, its just when it happens it seems to be ignored.

The English media need to learn that its a possitive thing to say when one of your own is wrong, you can still be a loyal supporter of your country.

The worrying thing for me (as a stupid Scot) is there seems to be a trend in the Scottish media that is straying in that direction.

Soldato
What really annoys me is when ian wright slams players for diving, yet when gerrard did it against hungary, he says "everyone does it, why shouldn't we?". Disgusting. I do agree, they are very biased, but i bet its not easy being neutral in something like this, even though its their job to be.

Associate
By being even handed and honest. :rolleyes:

And the scottish media aren't the same when scotland play ? Do me favour .

As for this McConnell he is your 'first minister' nothing to do with me and can go pee up a rope. All he is a useless media whore ' who won't be supporting England ' anyway.

As a England fan I like to hear about 1966 and maradona's hand of god along with all the other history that shapes the world cup and encounters between teams. And if its 'biased' towards England cos the other 'home' nations are at home, then tough !!

You have your own TV stations and media USE THEM if it bothers you that much. Or do you just like to whine and feel the weight of the chip on your shoulder.

I'm sick and tired of listening this carp. :mad:

Man of Honour
Goatboy said:
Both BBC and ITV have Scotting/Irish pundits, given that no other home nations qualified what more do they want?
Absolutely. The savage attacks on England from some BBC presenters, who shall remain nameless *cough* Nicky Campbell *cough* is disgraceful. I was listening to 5Live yesterday morning and they had a feature about sausages as they were in a city famous for the German's favourite snack. They had that fool Nicky Campbell and on the phone they had a Scottish sausage supplier to talk about the football. Within seconds it just deteriorated into an unashamed England bash. WTF! :confused:

Tru

Tru

Soldato
The BBC broadcast to 4 seperate countries, this is a unique position in the football world, so you have to accept there's going to be friction with the constant tub-thumping and references to 1966 and Rooneys foot.

Imagine if Belgium had to have Dutch commentators, or the Portugese 6 o'clock news headlined a story about Raul's latest injury?

droolinggimp, you need to do some geography mate.
duc999 said:
By being even handed and honest. :rolleyes:

And the scottish media aren't the same when scotland play ? Do me favour .

As for this McConnell he is your 'first minister' nothing to do with me and can go pee up a rope. All he is a useless media whore ' who won't be supporting England ' anyway.

As a England fan I like to hear about 1966 and maradona's hand of god along with all the other history that shapes the world cup and encounters between teams. And if its 'biased' towards England cos the other 'home' nations are at home, then tough !!

You have your own TV stations and media USE THEM if it bothers you that much. Or do you just like to whine and feel the weight of the chip on your shoulder.

I'm sick and tired of listening this carp. :mad:
Are you forced to watch the Scottish news? No. Your whole arguement is redundant. I'm sick of English ignoramuses.

Last edited:
Permabanned
English TV station in bias towards England shocker :eek:

Or has everyone forgot when we all were supposed to become honorary Irishman
in WC 94

And can we have less of the sweatys moaning it aint our fault you aint there ;)

Permabanned
Well dont ******* watch it then

Christ sake, we provide you peasants with the ability to watch the WC and all you do is moan

Go and watch the curling or something

Tru

Tru

Soldato
G|mp said:
English TV station in bias towards England shocker :eek:

Or has everyone forgot when we all were supposed to become honorary Irishman
in WC 94

And can we have less of the sweatys moaning it aint our fault you aint there ;)

Ah sorry mate. Everyone please stop moaning, it's ruining G|mp's ambiance, how is he supposed to paint his toenails when he's shaking with anger?

:p

For the record, this thead should be closed, it's already descended to bitchy remarks and it will only get worse. At least move it to GD.

Permabanned
I was on the wind up :o Apologies

But while were still on the subject, try watching the BBC coverage and not
being able to understand what the 'experts' are saying

Gordon Strachan needs subtitles BBC

Thank you very much

Associate
Tru said:
The BBC broadcast to 4 seperate countries, this is a unique position in the football world, so you have to accept there's going to be friction with the constant tub-thumping and references to 1966 and Rooneys foot.

Imagine if Belgium had to have Dutch commentators, or the Portugese 6 o'clock news headlined a story about Raul's latest injury?

droolinggimp, you need to do some geography mate.

Are you forced to watch the Scottish news? No. Your whole arguement is redundant. I'm sick of English ignoramuses.

Yes actually I am forced to watch scottish news cos I work in Aberdeen and i'm sick of jock bigots .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom