would you rather

Soldato
arsenal to do the treble coz brazil have won the world cup loads of times :p

if i was an england fan i would find it hard to decide but at the moment i would prefer arsenal to do the treble

the 1999 man utd side are gonna be remembered coz they won the the CL, if they hadnt they would prolly be another side who did well in england, that cup made everyone recognize them as trully a great side. I would be disappointed if arsenal didnt win the CL coz i know they are good enough to win it

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Originally posted by Jazz
arsenal to do the treble coz brazil have won the world cup loads of times :p

if i was an england fan i would find it hard to decide but at the moment i would prefer arsenal to do the treble

serious question mate, are you typical white male full blown english guy?

Soldato
I'd rather Southampton won the treble for personal gain :p I would be so smug and would be boasting so much that I had been through the hard times :D HAH!!!!

Plus England have already won the World Cup. It would be nice. First Southampton's treble, then England's World Cup. That would be perfection for me :D

Man of Honour
just a small poiont jazz if you know arsenal are good enough to win it how come they cant even get out of the group stages ??

simple there not good enough to win it.

but anyway I would prefer England to win the World Cup.

close call but I think that would give myself and the nation far more pleasure overall.

Soldato
Originally posted by memphisto
close call but I think that would give myself and the nation far more pleasure overall.

Disagree :p

I think Southampton winning the treble would please the nation better as neither Arsenal nor Man United fans would be arguing about who was the best :D hehe. Everyone would then go "You're both crap!! The best team is....er......Southampton :cool: "

Man of Honour
It's gotta be England winning the world cup. The whole country would be ecstatic (Jazz excluded;) ) I was 2 months old when we did it in '66, obviously can't remember it, & I'm sick of all the nostalgia we get about it. It's past time for some more International success The 'major' league sides get a chance of the treble start of every season near enough & it wasn't exactly national euphoria when Man U. did it.

Man of Honour
Everton doing the treble would be the priority for me. I've been with them through the great times (mid 80's) and the poor times (most of the 90's), so to see them dominate Europe in that way would be a dream come true for me.

Tru

Tru

Soldato
Easy, Scotland for the World Cup. Even though I would die from an overdose of gloating, it really would be a dream come true.

(anyway, ive got Celtic winning the EC on dvd;))

Soldato
Originally posted by memphisto
just a small poiont jazz if you know arsenal are good enough to win it how come they cant even get out of the group stages ??

simple there not good enough to win it.

well thats just my opinion, we have performed brilliantly in europe at times and i think if we would be more consistant then we would have done better

Last edited:
Soldato
I have pondered such things quite often & regularly change my mind, however atm I am concluding that I would prefer England to win the World Cup. This is due to the fact that almost the entire country would be ecstatic, the tune would change to 2 world wars & 2 world cups :p & football would have come home so to speak ;)

Of course I would love it for Spurs to win the treble but given they have the chance for that every year & the World cup is only every 4...England :)

Soldato
Has to be England for the World Cup. You get a chance of a World Cup once every 4 years, we've only won it once! FFS!! Its just much more of a rarety. I mean Man U have won everything so in my case England totally.

Heres another question, do you think you'll see your team win either the League/Euro Cup/FA Cup in your life time, no smart answers please.

Man of Honour
England for the WC.

Bossman, many things can happen and many changes take place over the course of a lifetime. I'd be surprised if any of our teams didn't win something over the course of our lifetimes.

Associate
Originally posted by Bossman
Heres another question, do you think you'll see your team win either the League/Euro Cup/FA Cup in your life time, no smart answers please....

Would be better in a different thread, but for what it's worth...

I don;t think Boro will win either the CL/UEFA OR the Premiership. HOWEVER, I think we will win the FA Cup eventually. Perennial underachievers we may be, but I am sure that we will - if only by the law of averages!

Back
Top Bottom