i need netgear RP614v3 help

Soldato
ok ive posted some problems i had before in a different thread and no1 responded so im trying again as if it dont get it solved im going to have to buy a new router.

im using the netgear rp614v3 router, i have internet connection, websites working, but eve online doesnt work (sometimes it does, sometimes it doesnt, i even have set up port triggering for the eve ports), and IRC worked untill i reset my pc, and now it doesnt work.

this is realy starting to get into a big problem, i can use websites (but even then, sometimes they dont work), i cant use irc or eve online atm either.

everything seems to be working for the other 2 pcs connected to the router, but they dont use irc or eve online, only wow/battlefield2/websites.

i never had any problems like this at all when i used internet connection sharing, when i got the router thats when i started having these problems.

so can i PLEASE get some help, i want to get these problems sorted.

Caporegime
If it works on two other machines, and it worked before you reset the machine, then it's quite probably not the router...

More information beyond "doesn't work" would be useful.

Soldato
OP
not sure how much information i can give, but when i have irc or eve online trying to connect, my netstat shows the irc/eve online ip and the state 'SYN_SENT'. the connections time out, and irc just keeps retrying to connect and eve does nothing.

on my routers configuration page port triggering correctly sees that the eve ports (26000-26001) are for 'active ip 192.168.0.4) which is my IP, but the 'Active' box says that port triggering for this isnt active.

i cant use router logs to see what specificaly is happening with the connection as the router logs are rubish, all they ever show is is when i login to the router, when theres a failed login attempt, or when a pc starts up and the DHCP server gives the pc a lan ip, thats all the logs show, and even then, the logs clear themselves every few min.

Edit: Would also like to point out that the UPnP page on the router is showing the ports i use for Azureus as still active, when i shut down that program over an hour ago, and all my connections in netstat using them ports are long gone.

Soldato
OP
no firewall at all.

and i know port triggering/forwarding and such is for incomming connections like ftp servers and such, but i figured if stuff doesnt work atm, i might as well at least try port triggering as i dont know what else to do.

Soldato
OP
eve online and irc are now working again. its confirmed that it is a router issue, when i restarted it (ie, removed and reinserted the power cable) everything started working again. i also found out that all pcs on the network at the problem, none of them could use IRC, although my pc was the only one with eve. so before i reset my router, only website, teamspeak, battlefield 2 and wow worked, after reset everything worked.

my guess it has something to do with UPnP still listing the ports i use for bit torrent, even hours after i shut bit torrent down (the ports should disapear from the list when bit torrent gets shut down, same as any other program that uses UPnP, but for some reason, the router kept saying the ports were active).

Soldato
OP
my problems are still happening. ive been checking my router log and still days after bit torrent was last running, other people are still trying to connect to my ip on my bit torrent ports:

3| <SPI: non-existing connection> <TCP>Source=72.133.56.253, Destination=82.45.102.15:49157
4| <SPI: non-existing connection> <TCP>Source=85.226.62.176, Destination=82.45.102.15:49157
5| <SPI: non-existing connection> <TCP>Source=85.226.62.176, Destination=82.45.102.15:49157
6| <SPI: non-existing connection> <TCP>Source=85.226.62.176, Destination=82.45.102.15:49157
7| <SPI: non-existing connection> <TCP>Source=84.184.33.102, Destination=82.45.102.15:49156
8| <SPI: non-existing connection> <TCP>Source=84.184.33.102, Destination=82.45.102.15:49156

my log is just filled with that, the log has a max of 128 lines, and them 128 lines get filled with these non-existing connections stuff in under 5 min.

although nothing will be able to completly conect because bit torrent isnt running, i bet all them connection attempts will be slowing down my router. is there any way to stop it?

Back
Top Bottom