Soldato
This is what i'm getting

DFI LanParty UT NF4 Ultra-D (Socket 939) PCI-Express Motherboard £74.95
BFG 3DFuzion GeForce 7600 GS 256MB DDR2 TV-Out/DVI (PCI-Express) £61.95
Subtotal £136.90
VAT £23.96
Total £160.86

---

Moving from my Asrock Dual sata2 (AGP/PCIe) Mobo, with an NVIDIA 5200.

Fried my 6800 LE :( LOL

Anyways, Am I spending my money in the best way?

My budget is more or less what i've spent.

I am overclocking, I have a big typhoon fan, So would like to hit 3ghz.

*edit*

I currently have G.Skill 2GB DDR HZ PC4000 (2x1GB) CAS3 Dual Channel Kit aswell I thought i should add

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Well I was thinking that, But in all honesty I only have a 15inch monitor which has 1024 by 768 max, so don't know if i'd see a big performance margin changing between the 7900 and 7600 at those resolutions.

Anyone else think i'm right with that? If i'm talking from my botty let me know :p

Soldato
OP
MichaelHo said:
if you're playing games then you need a bigger monitor! any particular reason you are sticking with the 15inch?
i got a 17inch tft for sale if you're interested lol.

I do want a larger monitor, But would like to consentrate on the internals first. Then i'm thinking about getting a 19" because they are nicely priced at the moment.

Associate
so need more money!
get a new monitor and better gfx card and then you'll be entering a whole new world of gaming!
its worth the wait, jus make sure you spend your money on something that wont be out of business in the very near future, considering the power needed for the new games and also your intent of getting a bigger monitor, definately spend at least £150 on gfx i rekon.

Soldato
OP
MichaelHo said:
so need more money!
get a new monitor and better gfx card and then you'll be entering a whole new world of gaming!
its worth the wait, jus make sure you spend your money on something that wont be out of business in the very near future, considering the power needed for the new games and also your intent of getting a bigger monitor, definately spend at least £150 on gfx i rekon.

haha, This is another road I was thinking of going down :p

I have honestly sat thinking of my options :p

What about spending the whole budget £160 on a graphics card first, and buying the TFT afterwards. It's just I hate the 5200 :p My girlfriend even struggles to play Sims 2 on it. And i can't even dream of oblivion :(

It's just i could always put the GFX card i buy into the ASrock board couldn't I. Then get a Larger TFT AND then get myself a new motherboard in the future.

Associate
sounds like a plan :p
maybe just work out how much you are willing to spend altogether and what kind of spec you are looking to get, this way you can work out whether to go down the sli or amd route etc.

Back
Top Bottom