Problem with computer.

Associate
Hey,

Just installed XP on my friends computer, just the upgrade not the one that overwrites everything.

Anyway, the LAN no longer works nor does the sound card.

Can someone help on how I can get them to work.

Thanks,

Dave

J.T

J.T

Soldato
Are you sure the correct drivers (or any drivers) are installed for the Network card and sound card???

Remember the drivers used for XP will not be the same as the ones used for what ever OS he had on there before so you may need to update them.

Hope that is of some help :)

Man of Honour
Soldato
Find another computer, go to the LAN card's manufacturer's web site. Download the appropriate drivers to disk and sneakernet them to the upgraded machine. Install the drivers. When it reboots you'll have a working NIC and from there you can download and install the sound card drivers from the sound card's manufacturer's web site.

Associate
OP
Hey,

Thanks, stupidly enough.

The LAN: Was disabled in the first place in bios, the user never uses it but I needed it for internet to fix in first place.

Soundcard: Rung the owner, hadnt told me there were drivers with it, went n got them, installed.

All working f9 now.

Thanks your help.

Dave

Soldato
AFAIK macs have a far greater range of built-in drivers than windows - correct me if I'm wrong here. Although it is true that you need to 'buy with an eye' for compatibility.

Back
Top Bottom