Why Do I Have To Support Arsenal

Soldato
We continually play loads of European games, more money, get to semi finals, £200 gone this weekend, get to cup finals, at least £250 gone for the final, wouldn't it be easier and cheaper to support spurs, then I'd only have to fork out for my season ticket and that's it until next year.

Success costs.;) :D

Soldato
hahahahaha :D

well said too bad i wont be able to go to the final, only members can get tickets and even i join now ill be at the bottom of the list :(

Soldato
You could but then you will have to say goodbye to seeing any Silverware or the excitement of watching quality players at the club unless you watch the opposite team.

Hard decision that is!!!!!:confused: :D

Soldato
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif

Oh my aching ribs :rolleyes:
shake.gif

Soldato
I just realised something. Even if Southampton lose in the final, we will still get into Europe because Arsenal will be in the Champions League :D Won't that be funny, Southampton in Europe, Spurs not!!

Bet your sides are splitting more now eh Cem?? :p hehe, just messing ;)

Soldato
Heh, was unaware that was how it worked, just thought the extra place went into the league not runner up. But anyhow, Blackburn are gonna be the ones missing it thanks to you ;) Spurs are gonna be missing Europe coz of a bunch of really poor games. Own fault :(

Soldato
I'm pretty sure that's how it works. I remember that when Man United won the league, the runners up in the FA Cup went into the Cup Winners. I just assume that is the case still :) It better had be anyway, then Beattie can bang em in for the Saints in the UEFA Cup too hehe.

Soldato
yer southampton already in europe so that means another spot free for the league also liverpool win the worthless cup so another free, maybe spurs can sneak in and see what its like in europe, its an experience they are not used too :p

Don
Pretty sure it goes to next down in the league , the runner up used to get a CWC place but since that was abaolished I dont think the runner up gets a place nay more

Soldato
it costs nothing to support a team

Errrrrrr...it does m8. That if, if you are a genuine supporter who puts money in the club through buying merchandise and going to the games.

It costs £300+ a piece for my dad for our 2 season tickets aswell as the cost of my shirt buying.

Pricey ;)

Oh and the saints are in the Europe, Strachan was talking about it on Sky during an interview.

Soldato
I've been on the TRS waiting list for nearly 2 years now :(, probably another 2 years to go. Until then i can rarely get hold of a home ticket and that generally falls when i can't go.

Soldato
Originally posted by Afterlife
Errrrrrr...it does m8. That if, if you are a genuine supporter who puts money in the club through buying merchandise and going to the games.

crap

and dont doubt how genuine a supporter is on if he has a season ticket or not. i havent a hope of getting a season ticket for at least 3 or 4 seasons

i would jump at the chance to see any man utd game. a while ago someone on here offered tickets to "someone local" cos he didnt fancy seeing a crappy worthy cup game. i live miles away and would beg steal or borrow and walk to the bloody game

i put money into the club whenever i get the chance to see a game (not very often) and i buy merchandise etc

but the bottom line is it costs nothing to support a team

Last edited:
Associate
Originally posted by Afterlife

Oooh, touchy subject this. Are genuine supporters only those that go to games and put money into the club? Don't think so.

I'm lucky, there are Gooner season tickets in the family so I get to see a fair few games (including, hopefully, the Cup Final). But does that make me more of a supporter than Joe McBlogg from Aberdeenshire who can't get tickets/too far to travel/can't afford Arsenal merchandise, etc.

A true supporter isn't judged by how many games they go to or how much they spend on team merchandise, its all about following your team through thick and thin, good and bad.

Rant over.

KoR

Back
Top Bottom