Smart Car vs Ferrari

Transmission breaker
Don
Thats great, shame they cant corner for toffee :p I appreciate it as a quarter mile weapon, but that ferrari is an all round supercar, so not a fair race :)

my 400quid volvo (3 up, boot stuffed to the gunnels, full tank of petrol) scraping a traffic light grand-prix against a BMW mini cooper with one bloke in it :p I found that more impressive :D

Last edited:
Permabanned
Haha owned. That is probably the coolest car I've ever seen, I don't think there's any other car that's had a motorbike engine put in it that I've heard of at least. That would be so mad to own, just revving it to 12000rpm, the noise would be shocking.

Suspended
Violent-J said:
Haha owned. That is probably the coolest car I've ever seen, I don't think there's any other car that's had a motorbike engine put in it that I've heard of at least. That would be so mad to own, just revving it to 12000rpm, the noise would be shocking.
Countless Caterhams, for a start? :p

Associate
Reminds me of a mate I had that said his Corsa Sport could beat a Porsche off the line - never checked it out but he was a douche bag anyway.

Suspended
my mate used to race minis and Renault 5 on the tracks, i remember him telling me of some of the other lads fitting twin motorbike engines into the rear of there R5s. Said they went like stink.

Usually the problem with bike powered cars is that they can accelerate like buggery but have lower top end speed. My uncles Locost style kitcar (R1 engine) can do 0-60 and 0-100 in silly times but then tops out at 120mph(ish), he could have had it top out at 140mph but would have lost some of the acceleration.

Zip

Zip

Soldato
saitrix said:
It came with the 220bhp unsupercharged engine. Then you have the choice of either 275bhp or 300bhp if you want a supercharged version.

And the options of bigger brakes and the rest of the kit :)

Soldato
Vortx_0001_1.JPG

Mine does 0-60 in 3 seconds, is that stupid enough

:D

Soldato
Now THAT is a sleeper! Very impressive for a smart. :cool:

fRostiE said:
make them turn around at the end then race back, the ferrari would win then wouldnt it :)

What's that got to do with anything? :confused:

Anyway, given we have no spec of the car, the handling may also have been sorted so that's not necessarily the case.

Soldato
Trojan said:
What's that got to do with anything? :confused:

Anyway, given we have no spec of the car, the handling may also have been sorted so that's not necessarily the case.

i watched an old top gear the other day, have you ever seen a smart car attempt to corner at any speed ?

basically it doesnt turn, just keeps going and going and going :)

it is impressive straight line speed tho :)

OcUK Staff
Hi there

At the moment I am failing to see that as fast, 1/4 mile in 13.2-13.4s does not seem particular quick, surely a Ferrari is more in the 12s region?

However even so for a Smart car that is stupidly fast! :D

Back
Top Bottom