Travel equipment.

Associate
I am swinging between getting more lenses, or getting a 6mp P&S for some travel. One of the reasons being weight - another of the reasons being I dont know if I really trust leaving a bag of lenses and camera in a hotel when not taking it out.

Yeah - I know, I bought the dslr originally because I wanted a step up in image quality and flexibility that interchangeable lenses bring. Sometimes a backpack with a camera and 'parts' just seems to get in the way - A stroll in the park, relaxing under a tree, general shopping, etc. I dont want to be carrying a big camera!

I like the look of the Ixus 800. small. and cheaper than one of the lenses im looking at. So a question for those of you who were once in a similar position - any regrets about leaving the dslr at home?

No doubt I will still be looking at lenses as I swing back the other way!

Soldato
Well i'm prob not going to be much help because this is my holiday bag for next week:-
dsc001453vu.jpg

Basically if its so big that your not going to take it with you when you leave the hotel theres not much place taking it in the first place. Also i'd definetly take out insurance to cover the SLR when on holiday.

But then if your prepared to take it where you're going then you can get much higher quality pictures and you'll have a lot more artistic license as you take them!

Back
Top Bottom