BF2 joystick help!

Associate
I am really fed up cos i cant fly a chopper to save my life!

can somebody post a shot of how you have your joystick set up? and give me some tips for flying!

everytime i get in a chopper i take off fly for about 4sec's then crash is it just me or are they really hard to fly!!?

thanks for any help.

btw i have a logitech extream 3d pro

Soldato
shout me on msn/xfire and ill help ya out

flying in bf2 is a lot easier than it was in desert combat

if ** crashing after 5 seconds something is seriously wrong, maybe ** axis around around the wrong way or somethin

Soldato
If I might butt in here, any idea why BF2 totally refuses to reverse my joystick?
Tried checking the reverse axis box and a couple of other thingys, but it remains steadfastly the 'wrong' way round, and nothing I do seems to change this.

-Leezer-

Soldato
It will be in the ingame settings, you can switch axis really easily. Ie click the roll left control, and move your joystick to the left. and it will automatically do the opposite way.

Personally I use mouse and keyboardfor flying the chopper, much more control, only use the joystick for the jets.

Soldato
This should help. Flying a chopper can bit a bit tricky in the beginning. Id suggest create and empty local server where you can practice flying it, and eventually you will get the hang of if. I personally dont mind if I use the keyboard or joystick for flying the aircraft. However, the joystick allows you to do more complex maneuvers and a throttle control. :)

Suspended
I found it easy to fly a chopper with mouse and keys, just remember, its like flying a real chopper. Small movements, anything huge and fast and it will cause all sorts of problems for you. As you get more experienced you will learn what each chopper can take.

However, i cant fly a plane for **** with keyboard and mouse.

Any suggestions for a decent joystick setup just for flight sims?

In BF2 can you have mouse/keyboard for driving/walking and then joystick for aircraft or do you have to have one for all? Pity i couldnt get my PS2 controller setup with it :(

Soldato
MNuTz said:
I found it easy to fly a chopper with mouse and keys, just remember, its like flying a real chopper. Small movements, anything huge and fast and it will cause all sorts of problems for you. As you get more experienced you will learn what each chopper can take.

However, i cant fly a plane for **** with keyboard and mouse.

Any suggestions for a decent joystick setup just for flight sims?

In BF2 can you have mouse/keyboard for driving/walking and then joystick for aircraft or do you have to have one for all? Pity i couldnt get my PS2 controller setup with it :(

Agreed @ Point one, the choppers can take someserious punishment in sudden movements and stuff once you get the hang of it. Especially the cobra.

2) Nor me :p

3) Saytek Cyborg Evo ;)

4) Yes you can, think If you wanted to you could even have it set so mouse + keyboard for walking, joystick for flying and gamepad for driving. (if you wanted to)

Soldato
another option for it u want to switch the axis / get more than one joystick/gamepad in the game is to do it manually in the config files

they are a pain in the rear end but do the job a lot better than the rubbish in game options

"this button has already been bound in general controls" ..... "NO IT HASN'T DIE **** GAME DIE!!!"

Back
Top Bottom