• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Sell one to me!

Soldato
Making up a decision, been bugging me for a day now (for my new rig in a month or so)

Simply, I have a 7800gt oc now, running dandy on a 17inch 1600x1200 crt with all its candy dangling about ingame. New rig hopefully will be getting a 20inch lcd, and I thought might aswell upgrade gfx card as It has been a bit slow recently, and running at the larger size with all bell and whistls seems to me like it would push the gt a tad too far.

Anyway so, out of the 79 series (gt/gtx) and x1900 series (xt/xt-x).

I can get my mits on a 7900gtx 512mb for 3quid over 300. So I really wouldn't want to spend more then that at all. (rules out an xt-x?) However, is the step form a gt to a gtx worth 100quid? Really tempted to get a gt and save a load of dosh.

~Psy

Soldato
If you have an SLI motherboard then go for a 7900GTX. As it leaves you upgrade potential in the future.. But if not then look at the X1900XT as they clock rather nicely :).

Soldato
OP
I noticed :( I wont be buying till july/august, so hopefully something might have been pushed out then.

Theres no great disadvantage of running an XT on an nvidia board then selling the board and buying a crossfire one in the future, is there? :/

Associate
no not really, i had the same view. I bought a sapphire gruper board which was not crossfire jus pci-e and an 1900xtx, thinking the card would last me a very long time and when it was time to upgrade gfx jus buy another mobo and a crossfire card.

Back
Top Bottom