DFI NF4 expert installation problem

Soldato
Hi,

trying to install the DFI NF4 SLI Expert but for some reason the startup LED's located near the PCI slots on the board are stuck at 4 lights (i.e. CPU or RAM is not being detected and the lights aren't counting down). This is the first installation of this board I have made so Im not sure where IM going wrong. I have these components in place: Opty 146, 2 x OCZ PC3500, Geforce 6500, 1 x Raptor on sata port 1. Thats about it really, I've wired the front standby button in and the power LED's aren't flashing. I've tried all the Dimm slots and reseating the CPU but still nothing on the screen or from the motherboard. I've heard these boards can be fussey with the memory but shouldn't the system at least boot up into setup even if it doesnt liek the mem?

thanks in advance

CP

Last edited:
Associate
Agreed, The Expert is fussy about certain PSU's so need to know what u have buddy,

Ok do as dark4orz above mentioned,

Try one stick, "orange slots"

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
dark4orz said:
What PSU do u have? and check that u have connected all power connectors on the expert.

Got a Tagan 480w. Cant see any other power connectors to connect, followed the manual :\

I am right in that I am attaching the adapter to make the ATX connection 24pin right?

Associate
yes your correct, u also need to add the 8pin (12v) power which is just next to the 24pin ATX also.

not all PSU have connecton to this as standard so they supply a addapter plug for the 4pin(12v) to convert to the 12pin(12v).

Last edited:
Associate
4Qman said:
yes your correct, u also need to add the 8pin (12v) power which is just next to the 24pin ATX also.

Sounds like this hasnt been connected if nothing is showing up on the monitor, my bro and the same prob with his mobo.

Associate
Yeah i remember having this prob also, My spare noisetaker 600w PSU comes with a adapter for the 4pin(12v) where my seasonic has it standard.

Maybe someone on gaybay may have some "Captain Planet" if u are stuck.

Back
Top Bottom