Ell

Ell

Associate
Hello oc'ers.

I recently put together a rig consisting of a

Asus P5ND2 SLi nForce4 Motherboard

P4 3.4 Dual Core Cpu

2 Gig of Corsair DDR2 XMS2-6400C4 TwinX Memory

2 XFX GeForce 6800 XT Extreme Edition 256MB GDDR3 Graphic Cards in SLi (was on somewhat of a budget, but these cards clock in exactly as a 6800GT does without the extra vertex & pipelines)

520Watt Zalman Stealth PSU

a pair of WD Raptor Sata drives (10,000rpm)

Both cards, and CPU cooled by the Zalman Reserator1-Plus Fanless Water Cooling System with optional Reserator1 fan. the CPU idles at around 25oC and both cards around 49oC

im running Windows XP SP2 (100% legit copy) and all parts were supplied from Overclockers.co.uk.

now for the nightmare, CPU and GPUs REFUSE to overclock. full stop. i mean what the flying ****? I didnt get water cooling just because it looks good, someone please tell me where I went wrong as im deeply upset. ive been building and oc'ing machines for many years, yet this rig will crash and blue screen like **** mad if you raise the damn clocks in the slightest. i am one ****** off dude. please someone shed some light on this, I see people with 2.8 p4 dual cores on stock cooling reach 3.6-.3.9 why is the world giving me a bull**** hand?

i cant even use the rig anyway since all I play is battlefield and even when everything is at stock frequenices it will still crash due to the dual core chip or SLI mode etc.. feel like ive wasted a lot of time and money and now im using my standard Micro ATX Asus baord with a 3Ghz Dual core with golden sample 6800Ultra and a gig of Geil DDR2 which is 100% more stable than the thing i just built!!! WTF?!?!?!

Much appreciated anyone who can take the time to throw ideas at me, thanks again! Ell.

(oc'ing wise I use coolbits, RivaTuner, and the asus A.I overclock feauture, although ive tried it manually ofcourse, still no joy.)

Watch your language.

Otacon

Soldato
Have you tried just using the one gfx card to eliminate the PSU issue?
You should try running memtest 1.65+, google it, download the iso, burn a bootable CD and run it for an hour or so.
On a side note, if you are within 7 days of purchase, I would strongly suggest swapping those gfx cards for a single card solution such as a 7900GT, the 6800xt's have a 128 bit mem interface that'll cripple their performance once you do get your system running properly. The 7900gt will outperform the two of those cards and also clocks like hell.

Back
Top Bottom