Interesting pictures of north korea - what a **** hole

Jet

Jet

Soldato
As Balddog says, the worst aspect is control of the people. I read recently an article in Time about North Koreans escaping to the South. They aren't even allowed to leave. Punishment if caught is 5 years, or something, in a labour camp with brutal conditions.

The woman in the article was pregnant and was forced to give herself an abortion in a prison cell. She refused. The guards beat her up and then forcibly removed the foetus. Now she can't have children :(

Soldato
That hotel is nuts man! Anyone have any more info on it? It's the massive one with a crane on top on an extreme state of disrepair and apparently construction was stopped in 1991.

Edit : This one...

Soldato
ClearChaos said:
am i right in thinking this is the same guy that was supposed to be making that OLED keyboard a while back
Wow, very observant! Looks like it is!

The link in the OP spells his name Artemii Lebedev, but his name also seems to be spelt Artemiy Lebedev and (according to his own company) Artemy Lebedev. He runs Art. Lebedev Studio who are making the Optimus Keyboard :)

Soldato
dprk12825vj.jpg

You ever see statues that clean in the UK?

dprk12877xp.jpg

NK Street Cleaners.....rather unlike the layabout beer bellied people that are supposed to keep our streets clean would you say?

dprk14740qe.jpg

Again, clean statues. Thats national pride right there. :)

Soldato
dprkalex7230000037kx.jpg

Yep....I see all the locals are clearly staring dumbfounded at the wite photographer. :rolleyes:

dprk12797gj.jpg

The roads arent as empty as the original photographer makes them out to be.

dprkalex7190000064uz.jpg

Oh look....a North Korean beach. Note: No guide or driver for the white person in sight, let alone the "barbed wire fences on every beach.

I think the original photographer on that site was biased.

Soldato
smoove said:
^^

Good points.

I think I'll have to disagree with everyone in this thread and say, what an amazing country! So ordered, so passionate, so traditional, so safe, so clean. I'm clueless anything reagarding North Korea or Korea for that matter, those pictures have been an eye opener to me, I think Im gona pickup a book and read up more about it's Governement and its people.

I know we look at it in disgust by how little freedom they have, its because we're hardly controled to their extent, but im sure the vasty majority of people of North Korea are in awe of its country and they've kept it exactly the way they like; weather it be keeping old shanty houses in middle of cities and pedestrians first, not cars. Just looking at it makes me think that something like that would be good for our country, not the communism, but a little more control & culture, maybe we wouldnt have half the problems we've got now.
You go ahead and read, one thing is true though, the chances of you getting mugged or people robbing houses etc is probbably loads less than there.

Soldato
I would rather my chances of being mugged were higher than than the high chance of being put in a labour camp for mentioning that there is a shortage of soap.

Soldato
smoove said:
^^

Good points.

I think I'll have to disagree with everyone in this thread and say, what an amazing country! So ordered, so passionate, so traditional, so safe, so clean. I'm clueless anything reagarding North Korea or Korea for that matter, those pictures have been an eye opener to me, I think Im gona pickup a book and read up more about it's Governement and its people.

I know we look at it in disgust by how little freedom they have, its because we're hardly controled to their extent, but im sure the vasty majority of people of North Korea are in awe of its country and they've kept it exactly the way they like; weather it be keeping old shanty houses in middle of cities and pedestrians first, not cars. Just looking at it makes me think that something like that would be good for our country, not the communism, but a little more control & culture, maybe we wouldnt have half the problems we've got now.

Yeah you should read up about it..the people of north korea have absolutely n say in the way its kept...the Kim family dictates everything that happens.

Caporegime
Balddog said:
they arent shanty towns...theyre traditional korean housing...

Well it sure looks like it. Im sure people would rather be living in a decent house. If I was running the country Id have the whole city bulldozed and rebuilt.

Soldato
Visage said:
Looks fascinating. I'd love to be able to visit. Like Cuba, but even more extreme.

uh?! what you mean by like cuba I go there in two weeks lol! ..dawm girlfriends probs got me booked up for a visit to guantanamo for my first trip abroad lol :D

Soldato
Energize said:
Well it sure looks like it. Im sure people would rather be living in a decent house. If I was running the country Id have the whole city bulldozed and rebuilt.

Whats a decent house? Have you seen some of the council estates in england?

Id rather live in a traditional korean home than some 60s concrete scumpit in manchester..

You have a very odd view....Youd have the whole city rebuilt because theres still some older housing present?

Back
Top Bottom