Think our postman is stealing from us

SCM

SCM

Associate
McDaniel said:
Cheque book shouldnt be a problem, they only have a sortcode and account number which cant really be used for jack.

They could try and forge a signature and write a cheque, but even then your looking at 3/4 days till that clears - give the bank a call and get the chequebook / cheques blocked.

:)

But with those details someone could set up fake direct debit instructions as has happened to people in the past.

SCM

Soldato
Bumhucker said:
Seems strange that they apparantly mess with it and then post it through your door. Wouldn't they realise it would obviously make them the prime suspect? Common sense would say you keep it so that the person recieving it presumes the letter is lost in the post.

that was my point before. But maybe as suggested they have no common sense. The space it should be in is taken up with MEAN and EVILNESS :mad:

Soldato
paul@ said:
My step dad was a postman for 25 years. I don't condone this kind of activity as when your employed by the RM you are expected to show loyalty and trustworthy to your employer.

My stepdad's worked for RM for 20 years, and his brother for 17, they've only known one case in all that time round here.

Caporegime
OP
Reported it to the bank now, they've called the fraud department and suggested that the best thing to do (and have done) is the stop the whole cheque book and order a new one. He couldn't figure out why someone would tear off the front page, first time they've seen something like this.

As for RM, will do that now, had to come home first.

Associate
Sorry to hear this has happened to you mate, and while it does look suspicious, it could just be a mistake as Kitten has said. But, for your own piece of mind if nothing else, make sure you get in touch with your local sorting office, in person if possible, and ask to speak to the manager. They will be able to find out who was on delivery today and launch an investigation.

Cueball said:
Theft in the Royal Mail is common. I'm afraid there isn't a lot that can be done about it.
This is total garbage tbh. I've been working for RM for nearly 10 years and only know of 1 case of theft in our area. The most common complaint against RM is misdeliveries, which is nothing more than human error.

VeNT said:
as everyones said
report to bank AND royal mail
these postmen get a GOOD wage and tbh if he IS stealing from people should be shot, though the overys twice.
We're actually paid below the national average, but I do agree with you about the stealing bit. ;)

Soldato
Beansprout said:
What the hell? :confused: :rolleyes:

If anything I'd say the native lazy, rude white British men are worse.

Well done, fight fire with fire - generalisation with generalisation :rolleyes:

Beany said:
At least, our postie is one of those and we have lots of problems, including trails of rubber bands all around the place.

Damn English people and their rubber band shenanigans!

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Beansprout said:
If anything I'd say the native lazy, rude white British men are worse.

Nobody watch the undercover Dispatches program last year about Posties stealing? There wasn't one white face in the whole of the documentary.
However, I personally know 4 ex white Posties who got sacked for stealing at various times.

Associate
Freeman said:
What! How can free rubber bands annoy you!

:p

Worse things to worry about in life meight!

If you got pets then it becomes a problem as i look after 2 dogs on a regular basis and to have rubber bands on the floor where they can pick them up aint a good thing.

I've not really had problems with the rubbers bands here buy at a family members house there must have been 10 i saw on the floor at one point

Soldato
Raymond Lin said:
Woke up this morning to find 2 things on the floor in the hall. An unopen bill from the bank/electric board, and a cheque book. Yup, just a cheque book, without the front sheet too. Someone had opened the envelope, tear off the front sheet and put the cheque book through our door.

The cheque book is not any cheque book either, it's the cheque book to my dad's business. My dad is away at the moment (I can reach him by phone) I am going to report it to the bank today, but what can they get with the front sheet? Can they clear out the account?

I've never had a chque book, but maybe you can cancel it?

Also, report it to the post office, they'll look in to it.

Back
Top Bottom