First overclock attempt

Associate
Been reading up on overclocking for a while now and finally thought I'd give it ago. Managed to get it up to 2.2Ghz from 2.0Ghz.

FirstOC.jpg

Running 166 divider with multi of 10. I'm on standard HSF but should be getting Scythe Ninja Plus sometime this week.
I've ran Prime for about 1 hour just to see CPU temp under load. Was around 40 - 42ºC. Also wanted to know what sort of torture tests I should be running on Prime, not quite sure? I know I should be running Prime for at least 24 hours anyway. Should I have my command rate on 1T also?
Don't be fooled by the MB tool also. I've done all my OC'ing in the BIOS. Only reason I have that is to match the volts and temps with CPUZ and Speedfan :D

Associate
Yep deffo use 1T, quite a diff on performance :)

I use "In-place large FFTs" on Prime and also set the priority higher, i set it to 1, but be aware that this pretty much makes your pc unusable, even canceling prime can take some time (priority option in advanced - password 9876)

I used to have a 3800+ Newcastle, but soon realised that was my overclocking restriction problem , probably the memory controller !!

Since i got my FX57 my whole system will overclock with ease :D

Associate
OP
kinggost said:
Welcome to the fourms mate

nice go for a bit more should be fine your tems are really low

Thanks KG :D
Tried Prime last night, but it failed after 2 hours. Can't remember the exact error? Was something like 0.4 epected 0.5
Upped the voltage anyway to 1.450 and it now seems stable. Temps still at 40 - 42 and Prime has been running for about 8 hours.

Back
Top Bottom