asrock dual sata do i need anything?

Caporegime
hi all gunna be fitting one of these in my case monday /tues do i need anything which isnt in the mobo box ie software drivers im using a 6600gt agp seen peeps have probs with drivers and stuff which work ok also what bios do i need cause one on disk is first one isnt it ?and dont want booting probs how do u flash it to newer one is it hard thanks.also anyone got a link or good pic showing where all connections go ,no where most go its just the front case buttons power on and reset not sure about.

Last edited:
Soldato
I just got mine from OC last week and it was installed with 1.6 Bios, I aint changed it yet since it seems fine for me, you will get all the drivers on the CD, the manual has decent pictures of where to put everything. Remember to install your AGP driver before installing the card drivers.

http://www.asrock.com/product/939Dual-SATA2.htm - you can download the PDF manual there

Also you need to enable DeepFileInfo AGP or something similar in the bios to get your AGP card to work. The only problem I had was when I decided to upgrade the AGP driver using the one on that website, which caused big problems, so my advice is use the one on the CD and dont mess with it unless your really having problems :)

Last edited:
Soldato
have to dissagree on some of the points above, the general concensus is NOT to use the drivers on the CD, download the latest all in one drivers from the chipset manufacturer's website first and the latest BIOS

-flash the bios ( if your not comftable with this in dos, do it after installing windows, they have a windows flash program on the wensite, it works just fine )

-install windows ( you will need the SATA drivers if you are using SATA drive ( you can create a SATA driver floopy disk by booting off the bundled CD driver disk)

-Install latest all in one drivers

-check the AGP driver is installed in system, its right near the bottom

-update windows

-install latest GPU drivers

then play with overclocking

Associate
Hi All, I would just like to say that I too have just installed this M/B on my system, and mine came with the 1.70 Bios, no probs what so ever with installs and software :D However I am using a Amd 64x2 4400+ and am new 2 overclocking cpu's :rolleyes:

Can anyone who has this M/B let me know how on earth you overclock the cpu with this M/B :confused: Bios setup is abit confusing.

Also since I have used this M/B, I have noticed that coolbits installs on system, but does not appear where it should for overclocking GPU :confused: would that be a M/B issue or a driver issue for the GPU? the card is a 7800gs agp. any help would be great. :)

Soldato
broady212003,
FAQ said:
You may use a signature (commonly used in email messages) in your posts. You can specify in your profile a signature to use at the bottom of your posts. When you post, there is an option to use your signature. A signature may contain one or more images but they must fit within a box with maximum dimensions of 400 x 75 pixels (width x height) and with a maximum (combined) file size of 20k. Images containing mostly very large words or animated .gifs will not be permitted. You may also add 1 consecutive lines of normal or smaller text directly above or underneath the image with no spaces inbetween image and text. If no images are used then up to 4 consecutive lines of normal or smaller text is permitted. Do not pad out your text lines with blanks lines. A line of text is defined as having a maximum length of 400 pixels. If you want to turn the signature off in the future, you can come back and edit your post. If you have specified a signature in your profile, the box will be automatically ticked for you.

The forum Dons/Admins reserve the right to judge individual signatures, particularly those deemed to contain material of an adult or offensive nature. If the Dons/Admins think the signature is unsuitable for a family orientated forum, then it will be removed. If the user then replaces it without making changes, they will be suspended.
Might be getting this board end month, so any post intrests me. Big debate is whether to run my SATAII HD in IDE mode :confused: & not bother with hitting F6!

Soldato
hp7909 said:
broady212003,

Might be getting this board end month, so any post intrests me. Big debate is whether to run my SATAII HD in IDE mode :confused: & not bother with hitting F6!
you can install windows in IDE mode then when installed install the sata2 drivers then change it to sata mode and it works fine and sata mode give much better performance than ide mode

Soldato
broady212003 said:
Also since I have used this M/B, I have noticed that coolbits installs on system, but does not appear where it should for overclocking GPU :confused: would that be a M/B issue or a driver issue for the GPU? the card is a 7800gs agp. any help would be great. :)

I have the same card and coolbits installed in the right place for me.

As for OC, well I have asked on the main thread for this mobo if someone can do a guide for it, seeing how its quite a popular board I thought someone might do so but no joy so far for us noobs :p

Associate
:cool: I have 2 agree with Mr Men, It would be a great idea if one of you guys who has this M/B could do a guide on what 2 do with this M/B as 2 overclocking ;) for newbies

Ps sry about the sig, it has been removed. :)

Caporegime
OP
also some pics of mobo with connections and very clearly labelled instructions and best drivers and so on as it seems to b very intresting thread and shed loads are buying them look at the other thread how many views. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom