What sports car would you buy for around £12k?

Soldato
Hi all,

A friend is thinking about buying a sports car, probably a coupe.
Just wondering what you guys would buy for around £11-13K?
At the moment she like the Audi TT, any others she should be considering?

olv

olv

Soldato
I'd have an Elise or VX220 but perhaps a little hardcore considering she wants a TT. Previous shape Merc SLK or later mk2.5 mk5 are also options

olv

olv

Soldato
[TW]Fox said:
Not really a 'Sports car' but then neither is a TT.

true, was going to mention this but usually none petrolheads regard anything that looks remotely sporting with two seats (practically) a sports car.

Suspended
Flibster said:
Elise or early RX8...

Space for her to go shopping in the RX8... ;)

But you can say Wankel a lot around her. :D

Simon/~Flibster

12k RX8 ... not sure you can get those yet. If you can becareful its not a Jap import.

Soldato
[TW]Fox said:
No way is a Nissan Skyline a 'Sports car'.

Sportscar = MX5, Caterham, Elise..

I don't know the technicalities of the term sports car..

In my book, anything designed to be raced is a sportscar..
Elise, yup
Caterham, yup
Skyline, yup

MX-5, no chance.. it's too soft and not quick enough..

But then we all interpret things differently..

Man of Honour
Mondeo is a Sports Car then by your view Dandle, they raced those.

Skyline was just another family car before they entered them into race series ;)

Soldato
[TW]Fox said:
Mondeo is a Sports Car then by your view Dandle, they raced those.

Skyline was just another family car before they entered them into race series ;)

Was the skyline really?? I've only known the modernish ones.. with all the racing gismos.. g meters, active diff's, etc, etc..

I saw what happened when they pretended the Mondeo was a sports car, some old duffer called Nigel Mansell lost control due to lack of feeling through driving in his slippers, and they never tried it again ;)

Man of Honour
Demon said:
Was the skyline really?? I've only known the modernish ones.. with all the racing gismos.. g meters, active diff's, etc, etc..

Yea, we don't see them over here as people only import the good ones but there are 4 door Skylines which, in standard form, are even more boring than Mondeos in Japan :p

I saw what happened when they pretended the Mondeo was a sports car, some old duffer called Nigel Mansell lost control due to lack of feeling through driving in his slippers, and they never tried it again ;)

Yea, that and the fact they later dominated BTCC until the governing body changed all the rules which stopped them racing the large cars like Mondeo ;)

Soldato
Probably a VX220 or a 330CI as already mentioned.

But the definition of a "sports car" is so vast that there are quite a few I'd be tempted by.

I'll buck the trend and go for a late model Alfa GTV 3.0 24v.

Or an Alfa GT.

Brera is still too new to be got for anywhere near 12k. :cool:

Last edited:
Associate
[TW]Fox said:
Yea, that and the fact they later dominated BTCC until the governing body changed all the rules which stopped them racing the large cars like Mondeo ;)

the domination lasting 1 season, like astras dominating 2seasons ago , tegs dominating last season etc etc.

Back
Top Bottom